See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Autodesk Acquires FMDesktop

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Autodesk Acquires FMDesktop

autodesk has now added an FMDesktop forum (in addition to the Facilities Management forum that's been there for years)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer
    well, well, well.... lookie what they bought here...

seems adesk has acquired FMDesktop... I might get an FM forum on this site after all.

so, there have been some hints at AU the past two years that autodesk is finally going to pay some attention to the Facilities Management market, I guess this is a pretty good sign.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autodesk Acquires FMDesktop

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer
    well, well, well.... lookie what they bought here...

seems adesk has acquired FMDesktop... I might get an FM forum on this site after all.

so, there have been some hints at AU the past two years that autodesk is finally going to pay some attention to the Facilities Management market, I guess this is a pretty good sign.
    I am going to move this from the Software forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here. Thank you.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor

I could stop if I wanted to david.metcalf's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autodesk Acquires FMDesktop

Coming from Govt employment, I have seen the writing on the wall as early as 1996 about BIM and it's implication on FM.

Since the architectural manager in the department refused to see the advantages of BIM and FM, I have since moved on to the Reseller Channel. But you wouldn't find me knocking on their door until that deadweight flat earth manager retires.

Now that Revit and ADT will start working with FM Desktop, I am pretty sure the advantages will become more clear as knowledgeable O&M staff retires and takes their information in their heads with them that 3D modeling of spaces with asbestos will prove to be an advantage.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Autodesk Acquires FMDesktop

Staff from the stone ages still wanting to paint documents on the cave wall with berry juice? I'm sure a lot of facility owners are working that way.

Don't get me wrong, these guys that have worked for a facility since before CAD have A LOT of knowledge in their head, but, it's not going to do anyone any good until they put it someplace where everyone can access it long after they're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by david.metcalf
    Coming from Govt employment, I have seen the writing on the wall as early as 1996 about BIM and it's implication on FM.

Since the architectural manager in the department refused to see the advantages of BIM and FM, I have since moved on to the Reseller Channel. But you wouldn't find me knocking on their door until that deadweight flat earth manager retires.

Now that Revit and ADT will start working with FM Desktop, I am pretty sure the advantages will become more clear as knowledgeable O&M staff retires and takes their information in their heads with them that 3D modeling of spaces with asbestos will prove to be an advantage.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Technical Editor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12