Description: I would like to see the ability to add "feature lines" to a surface without having to explode them.

How Used: I can't find any way to add "feature lines" to contours, drawings entities, or break lines within the surface definition. I like the ability to modify "feature lines" on the fly with specific grades, percent, etc. But since you can't add them to a surface, I have to explode the "feature line" into a 3d poly then add it to the surface. Then see how it affected the contours, turn it back into a "feature line" and try to edit it again, explode, add, etc. This is not the way dynamic surfaces should be modified.

Also, another problem is when you explode a "feature line" with arcs, the arcs turn into small pline segments. So instead of changing the grade for 2 points on 1 arc, you get 30 points to edit individually.

Feature Affinity:

I agree with a lot of you about getting 3d polylines in Civil 3d or maybe we could get all the functionality of all the 3d editing commands to work with "features lines". Just a suggestion.