See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Viewport boundaries are missing

Login to Give a bone

Default Viewport boundaries are missing

We are having a problem with some of our dwgs. where the viewports disappear. I know it sounds weird, but these are dwgs. made within the past year. Now for whatever reason the physical boundary of the viewport is gone, but you can still access the dwg. through where the viewport should be. The whole is still viewable where the boundary should be. Now I'm not sure if there is setting that has gone funny or my drawing has a glitch, but any help would be appreciated. Oh yes the viewport boundary is on it's own layer and is turned on. Any help is appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Viewport boundaries are missing

Hi

First thing to check, are the Floating Viewports on a Layer that has been either turned "Off" or "Frozen" ?

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Viewport boundaries are missing

No there is a physical boundary that is there, but when you select it it does not carry the the properties of a veiwport. Even though it is on the correct layer. However you can still access the the dwg by double clicking on the face of the dwg.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Viewport boundaries are missing

Quote Originally Posted by djahnke
    No there is a physical boundary that is there, but when you select it it does not carry the the properties of a veiwport. Even though it is on the correct layer. However you can still access the the dwg by double clicking on the face of the dwg.
    Hi

Is it an Irregular "Polygonal" Floating Viewport therefore made up of two Objects...

1 Viewport
    &
    1 Polyline

Is it possible to post an example drawing file so we may take a look at the issue first-hand.

Have a good one, Mike

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Viewport boundaries are missing

Quote Originally Posted by djahnke
    What properties does the physical boundary have when you either view object properties or utilize the list command? When you said you can access the dwg by double clicking on the face of the drawing it made me think of when the viewport is not locked and you (in paperspace) zoom into the viewport so you can not see the boundary; at this point if you double click the screen you'll move into the model space but not be able to see the viewport. It doesn't sound like that is what is going on, just made me think of it; some of our engineers get stumped when they do this....

I too think either posting or directly emailing one of the dwg files could be most beneficial.