Thread: Exporting errors using Auto Crete in AutoCAD 2006

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Thumbs down Exporting errors using Auto Crete in AutoCAD 2006

Hi,

I am having issue with exporting total station text files (the files are used to survey). I use a program called Auto Crete as I am in the concrete construction business. This program is designed to run with Auto-Cad 2006. When I exort the (total station) files, I export them as .txt files, from there I download them into my plotter. Well, when I open up the file after I have exported it, the point numbers are inverted. You will see this on the attachment that I am sending with this.
    For example, on the top left colulmn you will see a P-1, then the coordinates (northing,easting, elevation) after that it says 41. So basically the point sheet that I print out does not match up with the text file. This makes it a little confusing to say the least out in the field. I contacted the vendor for the Auto Crete program and he tried everything that he knew to do. I am at a loss as to what is going on. Is there any settings that control how a file is exported that would cause this type of issue? I have re-formatted my computer. tried re-installs etc. to no avail. I am also on a network. Could this be a profile issue? Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks

Tim
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Red face Re: Exporting errors using Auto Crete in AutoCAD 2006

Hi, Tim, I'm going to move this from the ADT forum to this one as I believe it would be better served here. Good luck.

For those who would like to learn about the program, try this site. although there isn't much information available about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by timn.103462
    Hi,

I am having issue with exporting total station text files (the files are used to survey). I use a program called Auto Crete as I am in the concrete construction business. This program is designed to run with Auto-Cad 2006. When I exort the (total station) files, I export them as .txt files, from there I download them into my plotter. Well, when I open up the file after I have exported it, the point numbers are inverted. You will see this on the attachment that I am sending with this.
    For example, on the top left colulmn you will see a P-1, then the coordinates (northing,easting, elevation) after that it says 41. So basically the point sheet that I print out does not match up with the text file. This makes it a little confusing to say the least out in the field. I contacted the vendor for the Auto Crete program and he tried everything that he knew to do. I am at a loss as to what is going on. Is there any settings that control how a file is exported that would cause this type of issue? I have re-formatted my computer. tried re-installs etc. to no avail. I am also on a network. Could this be a profile issue? Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks

Tim
    Last edited by Wanderer; 2006-01-18 at 08:38 PM. Reason: add link
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost