Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accurender is very good, Revit's Accurender LT is NOT

I could stop if I wanted to robmorfin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I called Accurender support:

Tech phone: (206) 545-6877

Fax: (206) 545-7321

E-mail: tech@mcneel.com

First thing they told me: Revit?, what's that?

I know this support is not for us revit owners, but they are the creators of Accurender LT (Revit's), so I decided to ask them if they had any plans of including some of the great missing options of Accurender in Revit, they explained me that Revit creators requested them to create an accurender like engine into Revit and Revit team chose what options they wanted to be included in Revit, this was back when Revit Technologies was the owners company name of Revit, they haven't heard from Autodesk or Revit since then, so the only way for us to have a better, more complete and updated Accurender is to tell the Revit team to call Accurender and then they can update or upgrade Revit's Accurender LT for us, the users.

Most of Revit owners I'm sure we are paying for an annual subscription, so we will be paying Revit for life, why doesn't Revit do the same with Accurender, get us and updated and complete rendering engine.

Accurender is great, I have tried it with AutoCAD, it's really easy to use, you have alot of options, alot of libraries, and the renderings can be almost real.

What options am I talking about?

-Sun Studies
    -lights easy to insert, use, modify and library to choose from(all kinds of lights by brand and by model)
    -plants easy to insert, use, modify and library to choose from, yes, the one we have that is almost impossible to use), these nice libraries are already families where you select the type of plant, you insert it, it inserts a 3d block with the tree silhoutte of the tree that will be render, so you have an idea of the real size is going to be, and specially the grouncovers that god knows how to create them in Revit, as I say, they are already setup to do all this just by inserting the tree, and in Revit we need to create our own family, our own tree silhoutte for every single one of the trees (or you can just create one silhouttte that doesn''t look alike most of your trees), come on, Rober McNeel(Accurender) already paid alot of people to do this for us.
    -RPCS, just click and insert them, and they include the silhoutte of the RPC that archivision already created for us (included in their not to scale price of the models).
    -Animations: where are the Walk path, orbit path, spin path animation types?, where is the single frame animation, where is the nice panorama where you created one point in space and it created it connecting it to other panoramas as a walkthrough?
    -VRML export, we cannot share DWG's or DXF's with clients, VRML or .MOV are the virtual models everybody can share in Internet Explorer, netscape or even with the macs (if somebody still uses them).
    -Batch Rendering, you can render multiple views automatically, one after another with a single command, leave it at night, next morning all your views are rendered and updated, changes from the client, batch render it again.
    -Accurender & Accustudio libraries, they are updating materials and plants libraries very often, you download them for free, double click and ready to use, with Revit you download it, double click, move them to Revit's Accurender super hidden rendering library, create the paths and if you are lucky some materials can work, and the tree libraries, good luck.

All these options are not Fiction they are available for all Accurender users, but not for Revit Accurender LT's users, I don't know who from the Revit team decided that none of us cool use these Accurender cool options or maybe even more now that Accurender 4 beta is out, I haven't check it, WE WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THEM.

All AUGI, all the time christo4robin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Accurender is very good, Revit's Accurender LT is NOT

As undesirable as this sounds, I'm curious--if I purchased full blown Accurender, how easy is it to get my Revit model into shape to render in Accurender with all the features you mention, Rob?

How much $ is full blown Accurender?

Login to Give a bone

I think there are some users here that use full blown Accurender.

In any case, many Accurenderers use SketchUp to make their models, so exporting from Revit should not be too difficult. ( whether its a more difficult process than exporting to Viz would be interesting to know. )

Accurender 4 is still in Beta. See some comments about that HERE .

Prices are ...

Compare these prices to Viz @ $US 1,895. Viz would have to be a heck of a lot better to justify that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I could stop if I wanted to Kroke's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by robmorfin
    ...but they are the creators of Accurender LT (Revit's)
    Umm, Accurender LT as far as I knew is a plugin that works with Acad LT specific products (sold by Drcauto). Not to be confused with Revit's own revamped "custom" version of Accurender that only comes built within Revit. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I've been out of the loop for several years on Drcauto's products.)

Login to Give a bone

Carol isn't going to pay for Accurender and development of this in Revit. We're bound to see Viz of some sort of rendering engine in the future.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by aaronrumple
    Carol isn't going to pay for Accurender and development of this in Revit. We're bound to see Viz of some sort of rendering engine in the future.
    I think that's right.

Login to Give a bone

I didn't mean to say the name is Accurender LT, I was just trying to call it somehow light, didn't know the name was already taken.

If I was to send it to AutoCAD's Accurender, I would not assign any materials in Revit, I would do that in AutoCAD's.

I'm really hopping for un upgrade in Accurender for Revit, if Viz is to be implemented w/ Revit we'll be getting only a Viz Render which I haven't tried but I've heard from other people that is very weak, maybe they are wrong.

Login to Give a bone

Compared to Viz. Viz Render is a POS. Some of this is in part to the outrageously large ADT models.

Viz ranks as on of my 3 favorite softwares - CorelDraw, Viz, Revit.

Revit guy's need toi get some UI clues from the other two, however.

Login to Give a bone

POS??

Login to Give a bone

Piece of ****

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast