Thread: Redefining Dynamic Blocks - Layer Colors not updating

Login to Give a bone

Default Redefining Dynamic Blocks - Layer Colors not updating

I'm having difficulty redefining the layers of a dyn block that i have inserted in a drawing. I inserted a block in a number of drawings and changed my mind and wanted to change the color of some layers on the block.

I modified the block, reinserted it and redefined the block. Unfortunately the layer colors didn't update? Am I doing something wrong. I have an updated block w/ new colors but I can't redefine the block in the drawings that I inserted the block in w/out doing it manually for each drawing. There's got to be a simpler and more efficient way of doing this.

Help. Please

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Redefining Dynamic Blocks - Layer Colors not updating

Quote Originally Posted by sumulong
    I'm having difficulty redefining the layers of a dyn block that i have inserted in a drawing. I inserted a block in a number of drawings and changed my mind and wanted to change the color of some layers on the block.

I modified the block, reinserted it and redefined the block. Unfortunately the layer colors didn't update? Am I doing something wrong. I have an updated block w/ new colors but I can't redefine the block in the drawings that I inserted the block in w/out doing it manually for each drawing. There's got to be a simpler and more efficient way of doing this.

Help. Please
    If the layers are already defined within your drawing, no amount of block insertion (with same layer names) will make those layers change. You would most likely need to purge the drawings of the common layers before the insertion corrects the layers for you.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt