Thread: Missing Pipe Part Catalog

Login to Give a bone

Default Missing Pipe Part Catalog

I am trying to add a pipe class to the pipe catalog. The class in question is High Density polyethylene pipe, that has a pipe size range from 4" - 60". The standard PVC pipe catalog has pipe sizes from 4" - 48". I am trying to create this catalog and when I get to the part catalog in the network parts list - standard I get the a blank field in the part catalog dialog box. Am I missing something here, shouldn't there be a file for me to select?

I would give you a BMP to look at, but I can't figure out how to make it small enough to meet the file size limit.

UPDATE:

I have found that the pipe catalog is in the right location and that it does exist, it is where Civil 3D is pointing to, but I still don't see it from the pipe catalog box within Civil 3D.
    Last edited by Aquaserpent; 2006-02-01 at 04:41 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Missing Pipe Part Catalog

No answer on the catalog question but for the bmp size take a look here.

http://www.irfanview.com/
    A nice freebie that allows you to resize the images and does a nice job at it too.

Login to Give a bone

Are you talking about creating a Pipe Network Parts List? If so, you'll want to go to the Pipes tab, and right click on the "Add Part Family". Then you will have to right click on that to add pipe sizes.

If that's not what you are looking for, if your talking about in the partbuilder, let me know more and I'll try to help.

Login to Give a bone

I need to add 60" to the PVC selection. I would tend to want to create a new part list and add the size to it. I have been able to a new part family and when I go to add the pipe sizes I only have the standard 4" - 48" for the PVC.

So I guess I need to go into part builder and create a pipe size for 60" PVC.

UPDATE:

I FIGURED IT OUT!

I went into PARTBUILDER and opened the PVC catalog then saved as H.D.P.E. and added the pipe size I needed. Then imported that catalog into my drawing.

The reason I could not see the part catalog is if you have the catalog in your drawing you can't re-added it. Once I created a new part catalog I was able to see it in the part catalog until I added it to the drawing.
    Last edited by Aquaserpent; 2006-02-01 at 07:08 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Also bear in mind that you don't always need to load every size for a particular pipe to have access to all the sizes defined for that pipe. I load the most commonly used sizes for my projects. (like RCP in 15", 18", 24" & 30") When I need a pipe size other than those I start out by using a 15" and then edit it's pipe properties to access all the defined sizes.

I don't know if doing it this way really saves anything other than making my part list smaller. I does save a trip to the parts list just add a pipe size if they're not all currently loaded.