See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Print or Export Block listing from drawings

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    2005-09
    Posts
    4
    Login to Give a bone
    1

    Default Print or Export Block listing from drawings

    I have a client who has hundreds of blocks spread throughout hundreds of drawings. I have used the Design center to find all these blocks, and have found several instances of duplicate blocks, etc. My goal is to organize all these blocks into libraries, erase duplicates, in general do a thorough housecleaning. Does anyone know of a way to get a printed listing of the block search I conduct in Design Center? There are so many that a print screen does not seem practical. Even better, an exported CVS file or similar would really speed up the work

    Thanks

  2. #2
    The Silent Type Mike.Perry's Avatar
    Join Date
    2000-11
    Posts
    13,656
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Print or Export Block listing from drawings

    Hi

    For starters try the following thread ( especially take note of all links found within )...

    Block Inventory

    Have a good one, Mike

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    2005-09
    Posts
    4
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Print or Export Block listing from drawings

    These routines seem to list the blocks in a drawing. I am using the search capability in design center to find all the blocks in the drive (there are thousands, many repeats). What I'm looking to do is to list the results of this search, preferably in a *txt or *.csv file.

    Then I could sort the list and proceed with organizing the mess.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    The Silent Type Mike.Perry's Avatar
    Join Date
    2000-11
    Posts
    13,656
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Question Re: Print or Export Block listing from drawings

    Hi

    Did you review the two routines mentioned in this post ( RE: Block Inventory ), if "no" - I kindly suggest you take a look at them.

    Have a good one, Mike

  5. #5
    Administrator rkmcswain's Avatar
    Join Date
    2004-09
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,800
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Print or Export Block listing from drawings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Perry
    Hi

    Did you review the two routines mentioned in this post ( RE: Block Inventory ), if "no" - I kindly suggest you take a look at them.

    Have a good one, Mike
    Direct links would have led the OP to your suggestions much faster.

    http://www.augi.com/exchange/submiss...umber=EX001355
    -and-
    http://www.augi.com/exchange/submiss...umber=EX001167

    Regardless, neither of these lisp files contain the functionality that the OP wants anyway. His original post mentioned "hundreds of drawings". Each of the above lisp files operates only on the current drawing.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

  6. #6
    Administrator rkmcswain's Avatar
    Join Date
    2004-09
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,800
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Print or Export Block listing from drawings

    Quote Originally Posted by pbsfrp2002
    I have a client who has hundreds of blocks spread throughout hundreds of drawings. I have used the Design center to find all these blocks, and have found several instances of duplicate blocks, etc. My goal is to organize all these blocks into libraries, erase duplicates, in general do a thorough housecleaning. Does anyone know of a way to get a printed listing of the block search I conduct in Design Center? There are so many that a print screen does not seem practical. Even better, an exported CVS file or similar would really speed up the work

    Thanks
    pbsfrp2002, you need the Extract Blocks function in Toolpac.

    It has nothing to do with ADC, but If your needs are to get a block count from multiple drawings all with one command - I think it will fulfill your needs.

    Good luck.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

  7. #7
    The Silent Type Mike.Perry's Avatar
    Join Date
    2000-11
    Posts
    13,656
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Print or Export Block listing from drawings

    Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain
    Direct links would have led the OP to your suggestions much faster.

    http://www.augi.com/exchange/submiss...umber=EX001355
    -and-
    http://www.augi.com/exchange/submiss...umber=EX001167

    Regardless, neither of these lisp files contain the functionality that the OP wants anyway. His original post mentioned "hundreds of drawings". Each of the above lisp files operates only on the current drawing.
    Hi

    Thanks for your feedback and thoughts on the matter... I live and learn.

    ScriptPro ( or similar ) could easily be used to help the process.

    Have a good one, Mike
    Last edited by Mike.Perry; 2006-02-06 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Correct my poor grammar.

  8. #8
    The Silent Type Mike.Perry's Avatar
    Join Date
    2000-11
    Posts
    13,656
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Print or Export Block listing from drawings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Perry
    Did you review the two routines mentioned in this post ( RE: Block Inventory ), if "no" - I kindly suggest you take a look at them.
    Hi

    Plus, what version of AutoCAD are you currently running ?

    I have just carried out testing here, in AutoCAD 2005...

    The Enhanced Attribute Extraction Tool ( _.EAttExt ), will do exactly what you require.

    No need to spend money on a Third Party Product like ToolPac ( good product though it is, from what I have read ), when core AutoCAD already offers functionality that will meet your specific requirements.

    Have a good one, Mike
    Last edited by Mike.Perry; 2006-02-05 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Correct my poor grammar.

  9. #9
    The Silent Type Mike.Perry's Avatar
    Join Date
    2000-11
    Posts
    13,656
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Print or Export Block listing from drawings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Perry
    I have just carried out testing here, in AutoCAD 2005...

    The Enhanced Attribute Extraction Tool ( _.EAttExt ), will do exactly what you require.
    Hi

    "pbsfrp2002" ( Sorry, I do not know your real name ), a heads-up / possible warning...

    AutoCAD Quick Tip - Another Super Speedy Means of Counting your Blocks!

    Circles and Lines: Extract Those Attributes!

    AutoCAD Bugs - EAttExt

    Have a good one, Mike

  10. #10
    Administrator rkmcswain's Avatar
    Join Date
    2004-09
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    9,800
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: Print or Export Block listing from drawings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Perry
    Hi

    The Enhanced Attribute Extraction Tool ( _.EAttExt ), will do exactly what you require.

    No need to spend money on a Third Party Product like ToolPac ( good product though it is, from what I have read ), when core AutoCAD already offers functionality that will meet your specific requirements.

    Have a good one, Mike
    Thanks.
    I forgot about the multi-drawing capabilities in EATTEXT.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2016-11-16, 08:57 PM
  2. Alphabetize and export Selection Tree Listing
    By pauljordan in forum NavisWorks - Wish List
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2011-02-22, 07:30 PM
  3. Export scale option to support Inch export from metric drawings
    By inventor.wishlist1738 in forum Inventor Wish List
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2007-09-19, 04:57 AM
  4. Show Drawing Version in Dialogs listing drawings
    By autocad.wishlist1734 in forum AutoCAD Wish List
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2007-06-22, 02:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •