See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Block Counting and Quick Select

Login to Give a bone

Question Block Counting and Quick Select

I have a dynamic block that I created and I have several of them inserted into a drawing and when I run my Block Counting lisp on them it says "Block: *U3 not currently inserted." Is there a way to count certain dynamic blocks in a drawing?

Also, when using the Quick Select feature, for "Object Type" you can select "Block Reference" but nothing with Dynamic Blocks. What I want is I want to Quick Select dynamic blocks with a certain "Lookup" selected. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
    David

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Block Counting and Quick Select

Quote Originally Posted by bakerdb
    I have a dynamic block that I created and I have several of them inserted into a drawing and when I run my Block Counting lisp on them it says "Block: *U3 not currently inserted." Is there a way to count certain dynamic blocks in a drawing?

Also, when using the Quick Select feature, for "Object Type" you can select "Block Reference" but nothing with Dynamic Blocks. What I want is I want to Quick Select dynamic blocks with a certain "Lookup" selected. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
    David
    hello! the only thing that i have found to work (98.73% of the time) is to use your 'filter' command.

what i do is initiate the command, click the 'Add Selected Object' button, select block, which in turn brings up all the filter info in top dialog pane. i clear the information that refers anything other than Object = Block, Block Name = *block name*.... (or whatever for your purposes), and then select 'Apply' button, then type ALL. it should select all dynamic block instances and tell you how many you have selected in command line.

the other 1.27% of the time, that dern 'anonymous' will STILL get in the way...
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

interesting..... i re-read your post and then tried to get my filter selection to work on a block that has a lookup table, and it appears to work only if you havent' messed with the default settings of block. As soon as you modify block via the lookup parameter, it becomes anonymous. tho it will still work with changed simple parameter differences (stretchy line in block).
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

A DB has an annonymous name, however a new property has been added, 'effectivename'. This may not show up using qselect but can be reached using lisp.