Thread: The tails of slope arrows must not lie in interior of slope defining lines.

Login to Give a bone

Default The tails of slope arrows must not lie in interior of slope defining lines.

What does this mean?

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: The tails of slope arrows must not lie in interior of slope defining lines.

Be careful of where your cut is for the slopes be it floors or roofs. Zoom in close and select your purple lines one a t time it should show where your end points are. Then strecth your slope arrow line to meet. It's a simple cleanup chore that manny of have faced at one time or another.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: The tails of slope arrows must not lie in interior of slope defining lines.

Hello! I know its old theme, but I can't go further without some help..

I use Revit 2010. I define roof lines and then slope lines as in the attached picture. Then I get this error :The tails of slope arrows must not lie in interior of slope defining lines..

What did I wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

What roof form are you trying to create? The sketch as shown has slope arrows that compete with the slope defining sketch lines. Did you split the sketch lines under the slope arrows so there are two separate segments?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Steve_Stafford; 2009-11-03 at 06:22 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Thank you very much. My lines were not splitted. Thanks again for very evident visual instruction.

Login to Give a bone

Sign me somewhat befuddled. Yes, Revit newbie; AutoCAD (various) since '04. There is no going back.

I am experimentiing with a simple rectangular building, 12' w x 24' long, just to learn how to get different roof profiles: 2 gable, shed, etc., before going to the Real Thing (which has crazy corners, different gable spans, and so on),

All is good until I stick a slope arrow the footprint. As far as I can tell, it is connected to the boundary line (post #2), so what am I not doing?

-- select boundary lines
    -- draw slope arrow, grabbing midpoint of long edge and ending in center (ridgeline)
    -- draw second slope arrow to meet
    -- click Done Edit
    -- Error message pops up

If I leave the slope arrows out, I get a very nice 4 pitched face roof (hip) at whatever pitch I specify. But that's not what I need.

Sigh.

Revit Architecture 2011.

Login to Give a bone

Never mind.

See the properties for the boundary line; "Defines slope" is always checked by default.

Login to Give a bone

It's not always checked by default. It should remember your last setting. I unchecked that box in our template file, so that all roofs in all new projects will NOT have the sketch lines set to slope defining by default. Then you go back and pick the lines you want to have slope defining.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: The tails of slope arrows must not lie in interior of slope defining lines.

You might find this roof styles example helpful when just starting out learning Revit.

see attached.

cheers