Thread: Differences between AutoCAD LT 2000 and LT 2006

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Login to Give a bone

Red face Differences between AutoCAD LT 2000 and LT 2006

I have posted questions on this site in the past but I have had some varying circumstances. I was working at a architectual firm that used 2004 autocad. Now I work for a sheet metal company that is currently using 2000 lite and it is alittle unsettling for me cause I really don't know alot about it. They will be converting to 2006 lite but I really don't know what kind of differences there will be. Any advise or feedback would be helpful. I was kinda spoiled with the express tools that were available before and I don't know if they still will be. Thank you ahead of time.

Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: Differences between AutoCAD LT 2000 and LT 2006

Quote Originally Posted by nanoaguilar2000
    I have posted questions on this site in the past but I have had some varying circumstances. I was working at a architectual firm that used 2004 autocad. Now I work for a sheet metal company that is currently using 2000 lite and it is alittle unsettling for me cause I really don't know alot about it. They will be converting to 2006 lite but I really don't know what kind of differences there will be. Any advise or feedback would be helpful. I was kinda spoiled with the express tools that were available before and I don't know if they still will be. Thank you ahead of time.
    you can find just about any information you need on the LT product page. There should be a couple of comparison matrix's... matri? whatever... one showing the current version features versus the older version features, and one showing the features versus full autocad.

the express tools will not be available to you in LT because it does not support LISP.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Differences between AutoCAD LT 2000 and LT 2006

I don't have 2006LT, but Autodesks website should list the new features of the software. Check this link, it should provide some helpful information. I can tell you that express tools still won't be there, the ability to use lsp files still won't be there. You stillh ave all the basic drawing tools, but not a lot more.

I could stop if I wanted to de-co1's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BrenBren
    I don't have 2006LT, but Autodesks website should list the new features of the software. Check this link, it should provide some helpful information....
    I have just gone through to have a look at this, and then went on to the Comparison Matrix and noticed a couple of things that actually don't make sense to me.

For instance, it says Array and Setting the Origin for hatch is a feature not supported in LT 2000, and it goes on to indicate that Irregular Viewports is a feature supported in LT 2000.

Am I missing something here? I can set my hatch origin using snap base, and can array objects as I could in full ACAD, but I cannot create irregular viewports with my version of LT 2000.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by de-co1
    For instance, it says Array and Setting the Origin for hatch is a feature not supported in LT 2000, and it goes on to indicate that Irregular Viewports is a feature supported in LT 2000.

Am I missing something here? I can set my hatch origin using snap base, and can array objects as I could in full ACAD, but I cannot create irregular viewports with my version of LT 2000.
    Hi

Array & Hatch dialog boxes now have an option within them to set Origin ( basically does the same thing as SnapBase, but without actually having to go through the motion ).

AutoCAD LT 2000 does support Irregular Viewports, meaning if they are present within the .DWG file you can work with them. It does not mean you can create them from scratch.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: Differences between AutoCAD LT 2000 and LT 2006

You can emulate many of the "express tools" using some standard menu macros and a little DIESEL programming. Information on DIESEL is available through the help file included with your current AutoCAD LT.

You can find a previously written version (free) of some AutoCAD LT "express tools" at the following link:

http://home.comcast.net/~hot4cad/

Paste the above into your browser and go to the downloads option. You will want the updated "LTXpress 2006" (LTXpress v3 for AutoCAD LT 2005 or earlier.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

There are really no fundamental differences at all, you should be fine. The only changes that you should be aware of are the introduction of tool pallettes, which you can use if you want to make office standards easier to achieve by automatically applying formatting, and the change to the AutoCAD 2004 DWG format, which you will need for compatibility with anyone else using AutoCAD. Everything else is just AutoDesk tweaking and playing around with it. As far as express tools are concerned, you will have to buy LT Express, LT Extender or upgrade to full version AutoCAD 2006.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Differences between AutoCAD LT 2000 and LT 2006

Hi mate,

I am currently trying to find out information on the different versions of AutoCAD and i have come across some PDF's from a company wed site who sell AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT they tell you what comparison between the different releases. The is also information on the features and benefits of AutoCAD LT 2006.

See below for the web site i found these on, just go to products and software its all under there and you can print of PDF's as well.

http://www.cadline.co.uk/

Hope this helps you out as much has it has for me..

Gareth