I want to become the "expert in CAD" that my boss keeps telling everyone I am. He is a manager, with a background in Doc control therefore knows nothing about CAD.
I know how to do some basics setting limits, placing shapes, colouring in placing and editing text, plotting etc.. I also have a good understanding about rastering (though no access to a specific rastering package at the moment) mainly from using IRASB with Microstation.
I want to know more, but I'm scared that I have missed some basics as it has mainly been on the job training apart from a basic autoCAD course which was for some Architecture students.
Is there a course which covers the basics? Think I spotted on which started in January, which I've missed. Or can someone suggest where I should start to develop what I know already.

My background is in document control for engineering drawings for a northsea oil platform, so if there was something to do with the content or explaining symbology of then that would be pretty cool too. I know far too much about revision statements and document numbering and next to nothing about the actual content of the P&ID's, cause and effects or Loop diagrams which are some of the drawings which pass through my hands on a daily basis.