See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Print or Export Block listing from drawings

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Print or Export Block listing from drawings

Somehow the following was included in the email alert, but omitted from the actual post here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Perry
    If you are going to mention ObjectDBX would be much faster, I agree,
    but I also suggest...

Instead of just making such a standard statement ( as you regular like
    to do within these forums ), you actually post some code to help
    "pbsfrp2002" ( Sorry, I do not know your real name ) and not just make a
    blanket statement regarding ObjectDBX.
    EATTEXT looks like the best solution since we don't know if the OP has ToolPac or not.

If EATTEXT didn't exist, then the TP solution is far better than trying to piece together some ancient lisp code and ScriptPro. If the OP has zero experience with AutoCAD customization, then the chances are slim that he would be also to make that combination work anyway.

Regarding your comment of Instead of just making such a standard statement ( as you regular like to do within these forums ), you actually post some code to help ---->

I'll be happy to post some code for the OP, but (A), this isn't a customization forum, and (B), he didn't ask for it. I posted what I considered to be the best solution for his request - A pre built solution (TP), that you don't have to be a programmer to use

BTW - I have posted hundreds of lines of code over the past 10 years. Some here, some in other forums. In the thread to which you are referring, I did offer some code to the OP [ http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=32988 ] - I can't help it that he couldn't figure out how to use it even with repeated instructions from myself and others.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Print or Export Block listing from drawings

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain
    Regarding your comment of Instead of just making such a standard statement ( as you regular like to do within these forums ), you actually post some code to help ---->

I'll be happy to post some code for the OP, but (A), this isn't a customization forum, and (B), he didn't ask for it. I posted what I considered to be the best solution for his request - A pre built solution (TP), that you don't have to be a programmer to use

BTW - I have posted hundreds of lines of code over the past 10 years. Some here, some in other forums. In the thread to which you are referring, I did offer some code to the OP [ http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=32988 ] - I can't help it that he couldn't figure out how to use it even with repeated instructions from myself and others.
    Hi

(A) That really does not matter and is completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of attempting to help "pbsfrp2002" solve his / her particular issue. Do not believe me... trying searching the General Design forums, there you will find many posts containing snippets of code / full routines from a whole bunch of different people... All have one common goal - attempting to help solve the issue / problem in question at that time.

(B) By offering ToolPac as a solution ( yes it will work ), you have assumed "pbsfrp2002" is able to offend ( willing to spend money on ) a Third Party product. Personally I like to try my best to offer a free solution where I can - I like to believe that is what AUGI is all about, free peer-to-peer support.

BTW - Just for the record, I was referring to this thread ( Where did I mention the thread you pulled from the abyss ? ), not some thread you have decided fits your own ends and supports your statement.

If you wish to carry-on this conversation, please note I will not respond to any further comments you might have to make within this thread...

Why? - I do not want to distract anymore attention from "pbsfrp2002" issue / problem in this thread; to do so would be highly rude and totally impolite ( in my humble opinion ).

Have a good one, Mike
    Last edited by Mike.Perry; 2006-02-06 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Correct my poor grammar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12