Thread: When I go to Plot or Page Setup I get an error message "Heidi file not loadable"

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Unhappy When I go to Plot or Page Setup I get an error message "Heidi file not loadable"

I have come across a problem but its not and everything i print just the odd thing can anyone help me please.

When i go to Plot or to the Page Setup i get this error message 'Heidi file not loadable'. The message box says OK or CANCEL but if i press any of the buttons nothing happens and the only way is to close down AutoCAD through the Windows Task Manager.

Can anyone HELP me please!

Gareth

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: When I go to Plot or Page Setup I get an error message "Heidi file not loadable"

Hi

Check out the following Technical Document on the Autodesk web site under the Knowledge Base section -

ID: TS73487 - Error: HEIDI file not loadable

Have a good one, Mike

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Post Re: When I go to Plot or Page Setup I get an error message "Heidi file not loadable"

Hi Mike,

Cheers for your help once again......... :o

I did as it said on the technical document off the Autodesk website but when i got to the systems variables path it said as follows:-

%SystemRoot%system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%System32Wbem;C:\progra~1\common~1\autode~1;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AUTODE~1

Am using Windows XP Professional and under point number 4 is says the correct the path value to point to the following path:
    C;\progra~1\common~1\autode~1
    which is on twice on my computer and it does not say anything else about it after that can you shed anymore light on the subject for me as am not sure if i should delete everything that it says and add just the C:\progra~1\common~1\autode~1 path?

Gareth

P.S. i dont know why there are smiley faces on this but where they are its just a C & :
    Last edited by Mike.Perry; 2006-02-14 at 09:52 AM. Reason: "Disable smilies in text" activated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: When I go to Plot or Page Setup I get an error message "Heidi file not loadable"

Quote Originally Posted by Spenner
    P.S. i dont know why there are smiley faces on this but where they are its just a C & :
    Hi Gareth

Try here...

What are smilies?

+

The attached screen capture.

Mike

ps Please note, I have taken the liberty of disabling "Smilies" in your above post.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Spenner
    I did as it said on the technical document off the Autodesk website but when i got to the systems variables path it said as follows:-

%SystemRoot%system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%System32Wbem;C:\progra~1\common~1\autode~1;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AUTODE~1

Am using Windows XP Professional and under point number 4 is says the correct the path value to point to the following path:
    C:\progra~1\common~1\autode~1
    which is on twice on my computer and it does not say anything else about it after that can you shed anymore light on the subject for me as am not sure if i should delete everything that it says and add just the C:\progra~1\common~1\autode~1 path?
    Hi

Pass.

Personally I would try it at least the following ways ie

Code:
    C:\progra~1\common~1\autode~1
    &
    Code:
    %SystemRoot%system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%System32Wbem;C:\progra~1\common~1\autode~1;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared
    Does one of them?

Making the change, does it causes a problem elsewhere?

Experiment, see what results you achieve... you can always restore "Path" to its original string if needed.

Have a good one, Mike
    Last edited by Mike.Perry; 2006-02-14 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Correct formatting.