Thread: Combine _AecbDeviceAdd and _AecbLabelCurveAdd commands?

Login to Give a bone

Default Combine _AecbDeviceAdd and _AecbLabelCurveAdd commands?

I want to add a second routine to a command. Can you put these two together to make them work?

^C^C(command "_AecbDeviceAdd" "li" "Receptacles" "st" "Duplex Receptacle" "E" "48" "ID" "48" "SY" "120V Power" "c" "1" "L" "180" "p" "1" "")

^C^C_AecbLabelCurveAdd

Thanks,
    Rich Cleveland
    Electrical CAD Technician

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Combine _AecbDeviceAdd and _AecbLabelCurveAdd commands?

^C^C(command "_AecbDeviceAdd" "li" "Receptacles" "st" "Duplex Receptacle" "E" "48" "ID" (strcat "48" (chr 34)) "SY" "120V Power" "c" "1" "L" "180" "p" "1" "") \\^C^C_AecbLabelCurveAdd

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rcleveland
    ^C^C(command "_AecbDeviceAdd" "li" "Receptacles" "st" "Duplex Receptacle" "E" "48" "ID" (strcat "48" (chr 34)) "SY" "120V Power" "c" "1" "L" "180" "p" "1" "") \\^C^C_AecbLabelCurveAdd
    I don't have the vertical you are using so you will need to test the below for me.

Code:
    (defun c:deviceadd () ;<- Change this to something that you would want to type at the command line.
      (command "_AecbDeviceAdd" "li" "Receptacles" "st" "Duplex Receptacle" "E" "48" "ID" (strcat "48" (chr 34)) "SY" "120V Power" "c" "1" "L" "180" "p" "1" "")
      (command "_AecbLabelCurveAdd")
    )
    You can either paste the above code onto your command line, which then would define the c:deviceadd command. After it is defined, you can type it at the command prompt. You could also paste the above code into a file with whatever file name you want as long as it has a ".lsp" extension. You could then use APPLOAD to load that file. You would then be able to type the command at the command prompt.

If you pasted the above into a file and use APPLOAD to load it, you could place the following code into a toolbar or menu
    Code:
    ^c^c(c:deviceadd) ;<- again this would match the above command name if you choose to change it.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Opie. My own reply to the original post contained the solution I was looking for. I added the "space, backslash, blackslash" between the routines to reach the desired macro.

I'm building a "smarter" Electrical Tool palette for ABS 2006 that will automate much of the processes.

Thanks for the help,

Rich

ABS2006