Thread: Program?

Login to Give a bone

Default Program?

Does anyone know of a program where I can do this: Set up a templete either in a raw data file or field book file that when the survey crew can shoot a cross section of a street then shoot just one point lets say flowline and the rest of the line work can connect to there corresponding locations based on the cross section that was shot at the beginning. Thank you.

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Program?

It sounds like you want to create cross sections based on a feild shot for plotting? If you have Civil esign, you can do this using a template and setting the Reference point to be the Feild shot you want the survey crew to shoot. Then create your profile using those shots and process the sections using your template.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jhernandez.104188
    Does anyone know of a program where I can do this: Set up a templete either in a raw data file or field book file that when the survey crew can shoot a cross section of a street then shoot just one point lets say flowline and the rest of the line work can connect to there corresponding locations based on the cross section that was shot at the beginning. Thank you.
    You don't indicate what software you are using, but all the Carlson products can do this.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

My company is using LDD 2005 at the moment but are looking to potentially purchase software that can do this. I have a trial version of Carlson SurvDesktop. Not seeing where I can do this in the manual that comes with the software. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thank you

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jhernandez.104188
    My company is using LDD 2005 at the moment but are looking to potentially purchase software that can do this. I have a trial version of Carlson SurvDesktop. Not seeing where I can do this in the manual that comes with the software. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thank you
    Look in the Field to Finish routine. Call the FREE support line if necessary 1-800-989-5028
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |