Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATP Bugs?

All AUGI, all the time Roger Evans's Avatar

Default ATP Bugs?

I registered for ATP 104 which try as I may I now cannot find anymore
    My ATP is blank except for new courses which I signed up for today
    A search for ATP 104 reveals nothing at all ~ ziltch

Has segment 4 been posted? (I have segments 1-3)

Emails I received related to ATP 104 which if I click to follow up give me a message saying I am denied access ~

"Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

To be honest I really & truly think the whole ATP access is totally frustrating & the system & method needs a rethink ~ It should not be this difficult to access or find.
    All the hard work these instructors have put in is just going to waste.

Regards

Roger Evans

Default Re: ATP Bugs?

Hi Roger

"ATP104 (January 2006)" is no longer open ( accessible / viewable ) due to January 2006 ATP classes finishing on Sunday 12th February 2006.

Please, browse / read through the pages found here "The AUGI Training Program (ATP)".

All the information you should need, on how ATP works, can be found within those pages.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Perry
    Hi Roger

"ATP104 (January 2006)" is no longer open ( accessible / viewable ) due to January 2006 ATP classes finishing on Sunday 12th February 2006.

Please, browse / read through the pages found here "The AUGI Training Program (ATP)".

All the information you should need, on how ATP works, can be found within those pages.

Mike
    Yeah thanks for the reply Mike I actually went to The training prog page before posting ~ hence my post.

Can anyone please explain why this resource is not available now ? (I don't understand the logic of this sorry, especially as the course relates to the current build. It seems such a waste of effort to me)

Was Segment 4 posted by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Evans
    Can anyone please explain why this resource is not available now ? (I don't understand the logic of this sorry, especially as the course relates to the current build. It seems such a waste of effort to me).
    Hi Roger

The course material for "ATP104 (Jan 2006)" should appear for download on the "Archived ATP Courses" page, at the beginning of May 2006 ( 3 months after the class has finished; this is a new policy that was only agreed on Wednesday 15th January 2006 ). Just for your information, the old policy was 6 months after...

The ATP team can expand on the 3 month policy if needed; but basically AUGI wants members to participate in the classes while they are being run ( like you have already stated, the instructors put a lot of time and effort into producing an ATP Course; likewise the ATP team themselves put in an incredible amount of time and effort behind the scenes to bring this FREE! services to all AUGI members ).

The 3 month policy hopefully encourages members to participate fully in the ATP experience, instead of just waiting for the material to become available for download.

Was Segment 4 posted by the way?
    Pass, as far as I am aware, regular ATP Courses only have 3 Segments ( last for 3 weeks ).

Mike

I could stop if I wanted to Ammon's Avatar

The 3 month policy hopefully encourages members to participate fully in the ATP experience, instead of just waiting for the material to become available for download.
    That answers my questions as well. I understand the thinking behind it now. Thanks.

Pass, as far as I am aware, regular ATP Courses only have 3 Segments ( last for 3 weeks ).
    Hi Roger,

Yes, segment 4 was posted in the ATP104 forum as most ATP Courses are only 3 segments as Mike mentioned.

As far as that course is concerned, I'm sorry that you aren't finding the ATP program helpful. To try to clarify, each class runs for one month. Keeping ATP104 as an example, that class was scheduled for January. The segments were available for download for the three weeks they were scheduled to run, then as of February 1st the class was ended, as were all the January classes. As Mike explained, once a class has ended it "goes away" for three months. Why? So that we can re-run it again in three months if we chose to and to make room for the new courses. After the new three month period, the classes will be available for download in the Course Archive.

As far as this class "relating to the current build", I'm afraid I don't understand. Would you please explain that a little more so I can answer the question?
    I drink coffee for your protection.

Windows 7 | AutoCAD 2017 | Revit 2017

Quote Originally Posted by CADKitty
    As far as that course is concerned, I'm sorry that you aren't finding the ATP program helpful..............As far as this class "relating to the current build", I'm afraid I don't understand. Would you please explain that a little more so I can answer the question?
    That is not what I said Cad Kitty ... The courses are very helpful ....my point is I don't see the logic of the policy or reason to withdraw them after they have been completed.. this is not helpful to anyone, especially new members, wishing to review them.

IMO It is a learning resource and as such should be available to anyone & at all times.
    The current policy is counterproductive (in my opinion).

The current build .......... well as New updates of Revit are released so then the tutorials may become outdated .. that has been part of Revit history so far

My negative comments on the ATP relates just to the complicated way to access ATP ..which is very roundabout & frustrating & could & should be made a lot simpler.

I hope this explains

Cheers

Roger

I could stop if I wanted to Ammon's Avatar

That is not what I said Cad Kitty ... The courses are very helpful ....my point is I don't see the logic of the policy or reason to withdraw them after they have been completed.. this is not helpful to anyone, especially new members, wishing to review them.

IMO It is a learning resource and as such should be available to anyone & at all times.

The current build .......... well as New updates of Revit are released so then the tutorials may become outdated .. that has been part of Revit history so far

My negative comments on the ATP relates just to the complicated way to access ATP ..which is very roundabout & frustrating & could & should be made a lot simpler.

I hope this explains

Cheers

Roger
    Just to make it clear that not everyone shares that opinion, I understand the 3 month policy. It is inconvenient in some cases, like Roger's. But I think we all know that AUGI is run by volunteers who don't have limitless time to spend managing the resources. If having the courses iced for a few months so that it is easier to manage for those who already spend a lot of time taking care of ATP, then I'm all for it.

I hope this explains

Cheers

Roger
    It's pretty simple really. go to my atp, and download the material. If you have a question, post it in the forum. Once the class is over, it is not available for 3 months. (it was 6 months). If you, for some reason, deleted your material, contact me directly, and I will accommodate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo
    It's pretty simple really. go to my atp, and download the material. If you have a question, post it in the forum. Once the class is over, it is not available for 3 months. (it was 6 months). If you, for some reason, deleted your material, contact me directly, and I will accommodate you.
    How long is the course material available after the 3 month hiatus?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast