Thread: FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 6457b7a1h

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 6457b7a1h

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 6457b7a1h

I have user getting this error(autocad2002). It looks like it is in drawings that have blocks with wipeouts created in Autocad 2005. I downloaded and install the wipeout enabler for 2002 that didn't help. He was having similar problems before and we did full reinstall and he was doing fine with the same drawings until today. I can reinstall again and I know is going to be fine, but I need to figure out why it goes wrong(the only thing I know it aways happens when we are in major dead line situation).
    Also when you open the drawing from Windows Explorer with double click gives the fatal error right away, but if you open the drawing from autocad is fin for few minutes and then you get the fatal error with missing ARX again...checked the paths they look right.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 6457b7a1h

Which arx is missing? You didn't say.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 6457b7a1h

Hi 1N

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD Customization forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Check out the following thread (the bit of interest is the snippet from Ed Jobe) -

Red AutoSNAP marker

Issues/Problems with random crashes are notoriously difficult to resolve due to their very nature.... hopefully Ed's little guide will help.

+

Have a browse of the following thread (it doesn't answer your particular problem, but hopefully it will suggest a few other pointers that you may want to investigate) -

Fatal Error ... blah blah blah

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by 1N.
    FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 6457b7a1h

I have user getting this error(autocad2002). It looks like it is in drawings that have blocks with wipeouts created in Autocad 2005. I downloaded and install the wipeout enabler for 2002 that didn't help. He was having similar problems before and we did full reinstall and he was doing fine with the same drawings until today. I can reinstall again and I know is going to be fine, but I need to figure out why it goes wrong(the only thing I know it aways happens when we are in major dead line situation).
    Also when you open the drawing from Windows Explorer with double click gives the fatal error right away, but if you open the drawing from autocad is fin for few minutes and then you get the fatal error with missing ARX again...checked the paths they look right.
    I believe that I had that same problem. There was not particular command that was being performed when mine came up. If you find an answer, let me know.