Thread: Help / Assistance with creating a Dynamic Block of a pipe with the sizes included

Login to Give a bone

Default Help / Assistance with creating a Dynamic Block of a pipe with the sizes included

I'm toying with a few DB ideas, but I'm not sure if they're possible or even if they are worth the hassle of having around. The one I'm considering now is a pipe with the sizes included. It would simply be a straight line, but with an attribute attached to it for consistant spacing and labeling techniques. I want to leave open the possibility of having multiple callouts along the pipe, and also to not have to have the text at all (if space does not allow. I'm pretty sure, having read a few other threads, that this is possible, but it's entirely possible that I caould be mistaken.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by jm.pearson; 2006-02-22 at 08:12 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Help / Assistance with creating a Dynamic Block of a pipe with the sizes included

can you post an actual screen shot of what you are trying to accomplish? pics worth 1000 words in here, too.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Help / Assistance with creating a Dynamic Block of a pipe with the sizes included

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.N
    can you post an actual screen shot of what you are trying to accomplish? pics worth 1000 words in here, too.
    ^wot he said^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Login to Give a bone

Yeah, I guess that would be easier...

It's a dwg file with explanation.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jm.pearson
    Yeah, I guess that would be easier...

It's a dwg file with explanation.

Why not make a custom linetype?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by esdeyo
    Why not make a custom linetype?
    For whatever reason, I can't get to that file. Would I be able to edit the text within a custom linetype? I want to be able to modify the text on an as needed basis. I was thinking that I could set an attribute to the line where I could go in and set the pipe size and system and that would define the linetype and callout. If that was possible to do using a custom linetype, that would probably make sense.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jm.pearson
    For whatever reason, I can't get to that file. Would I be able to edit the text within a custom linetype? I want to be able to modify the text on an as needed basis. I was thinking that I could set an attribute to the line where I could go in and set the pipe size and system and that would define the linetype and callout. If that was possible to do using a custom linetype, that would probably make sense.
    It would take a custom lt for each one, what I did was used express to explode the text to entities, then made a shape file out of the text & made a lt using the line & shape. I guess I could try to resend it, maybe I have to attach the shape file too.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by esdeyo
    It would take a custom lt for each one, what I did was used express to explode the text to entities, then made a shape file out of the text & made a lt using the line & shape. I guess I could try to resend it, maybe I have to attach the shape file too.
    That's what I thought. I think it would be easier for us to just keep it the way we have it, rather than to try to add a new LT. Our engineers aren't that eager to explore that sort of venue. I might be able to convince them to do the DB thing, if I can get them to work.