Thread: Project Details Not Sticking

Login to Give a bone

Question Project Details Not Sticking

I am having an issue with the project details not being retained despite editing them. I am in the Project Navigator Pallette, on the Project Tab, and I am clicking on the Edit Project button located next to Current Project. Once there I am clicking on the Edit button beside Project Details. When I edit the information in the fields and click o.k. and then o.k. again the close out those boxes. I can go right back and nonoe of the information i have just entered has been retained. Any help as to why this might be occuring would be greatly helpful.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Project Details Not Sticking

Make sure that the folder the project sits in is not Read Only, as well as the *.apj file. Also, whilst in there, verify that the *.apj file is not @ 0k - this would indicate a corupt project file. Also, on a long shot, what software is running your network environment? Windows or Novell?
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

Thanks, I will have the CAD manager take a look at those items. Our network environment is running on Novell. Could this be an issue, because we have been having other issues since we recently switched to Novell and would like to compile a list of disdain towards it if this is the case? Any insight you might have regarding Novell would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy Seltzer

Login to Give a bone

Hi all.
    Co-worker of jbseltzer here.
    I'm the ad-hock "cad manager" mentioned in the thread above.
    Seltzer has copied files local & had better results. That does imply the issue linked to our unsupported networking software. What is odd about the situation, is that it was working for everybody a few weeks ago. Since the project data gets set at the start of the process, it's hard to pin down when this problem started being nearly universal. For some unknown reason. My machine can still edit these files. They are in a location that everyone can write to , so it shouldn't be the additional write permissions I have for block directory type folders. Perhaps we will find the network administrator has updated something recently that broadened the incompatibility gap.
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Login to Give a bone

I haven't had any direct experiance using Novell systems, other than to avoid it. I know that doesn't help your current situation, but you could try autodesk discussion groups (try running a search there first) or try contacting Autodesk support via your subscription account or your reseller. As far as the recent change to not be able to edit project details, if this is a new implementation of Novell, they may be working on some lingering issues still at your & changing stuff on the fly, so that's a good thing to check on. Let us know if you figure out what the solution was.

Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

Myself and another coworker ran into this same thing yesterday I believe. As soon as I tried to edit the elevations for the different floors in my project and when I'd try to save that information it would ask if I wanted to update all my views based on this information and I'd say yes. As soon as I did that I noticed none of that information I put in was saved and my .apj file would go to "0".

We recently had training in October over ABS and another coworker seemed to remember the trainer mentioning something about Novell and the Project Navigator. Has anyone else figured this out or have any other suggestions?

Login to Give a bone

I know there used to be a issue in ADT05, but they issued a service pack that was supposed to "fix" the issue. What version are you running?

Login to Give a bone

As Network software goes, Novell is far more robust than Windows. I have used both systems and never had a network related issue with ADT or ABS.

One thing I have had, that just may explain you current problem, is that is you enter sub-zero elevations for a floor, ADT tries to amend it to a plus zero height and gets the floor-to-floor heights wrong by the amount that the lowest level was below zero (does that make any sense?).