Thread: Unable to open drawings created from main assembly.

Login to Give a bone

Default Unable to open drawings created from main assembly.

Hi

I am unable to open drawing files previously created from my main assembly. These drawings have previously been opened with no problem. I have a similar situation when trying to create new drawings from the same main assembly, Inventor locks up and the cpu goes to 100%. The main assembly can be opened no problem and all of the representations are functional there are no errors showing up on the assembly all appears to be resolved. I have loaded SP3 and that has not helped.

Can anyone offer advice here, I am becoming rather desperate?

Manufacturing Moderator jonathan.landeros's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Unable to open drawings created from main assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by paula
    Hi

I am unable to open drawing files previously created from my main assembly. These drawings have previously been opened with no problem. I have a similar situation when trying to create new drawings from the same main assembly, Inventor locks up and the cpu goes to 100%. The main assembly can be opened no problem and all of the representations are functional there are no errors showing up on the assembly all appears to be resolved. I have loaded SP3 and that has not helped.

Can anyone offer advice here, I am becoming rather desperate?
    Here's a couple of ideas, I hope they help.

1) Make sure all the files are in the same directory, it could be that a file is lost.
    2) Make sure all the files in the project have the correct file name, and that they all resolve correctly. If there are non-unique file names, Inventor may be trying to resolve to a different file.
    3) Try opening the file with 'defer updates' checked. This may allow the file to open.

The last method I've used I call is breaking the project. I've taken the offending drawing file and copied it completely out of the project so it can't see any of the parts it's looking for. The drawing file will scream about lost associations, but sometimes this will open a file that otherwise is hung.
    Jonathan Landeros
    KETIV Technologies
    Orange County, California.

I've got a blog: www.inventor-tales.blogspot.com

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction.Next stop, Looneyville.” -Bob the Skull in the Dresden Files