Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long do you wait for Support Requests?

Login to Give a bone

Cool How long do you wait for Support Requests?

We sent a file to the factory for a support Request last Monday (though they didn't even look at the file until Thursday) and still haven't heard anything (except for the original message confirming that they reproduced the problem and are working on it). After hearing about others good results, I was disappointed that they didn't even see that I uploaded the file until 3 days later and that there is no communication on what is going on.

How long do we wait before we give up and live with the corrupt file, and if we do just forge ahead with the corrupt file, is there any way to reconcile the (hopefully) fixed file and our changes.

Thanks.

All AUGI, all the time davidcobi's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How long do you wait for Support Requests?

They usually submit a reply within 2 hours. If you're not receiving replies go to Help... View Support Requests and login. Then go to the support request and see if they submitted a reply. I think they are having problems emailing replies.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dduarte
    ...I think they are having problems emailing replies....
    Maybe they should file a support request.

Login to Give a bone

How did you file the support request? I have always gotten a response in 2 hours or less from using the subscription center.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK

Login to Give a bone

I did it from the help menu. I got an initial response to upload the file the same day, not much more than two hours. I uploaded the file immediately and got an automatic response that it was uploaded. Three days later I got another request to upload the file because someone was finally working on it, to which I replied that I HAD uploaded the file. The next day I got a confirmation that they looked at my file and had reduced the error and that I would get more information soon. So my question is, what is soon in other peoples experience. The original quick reply meant nothing since it's been over a week and I still don't know what's going on. A simple, "this is serious, it'll take us until next month to fix the problem" or "we're working on it and we'll get back to you in x days" would be great. But not the silence.

The problem, BTW, is a file which has a "phantom" workset. It lists numerous elements (700 families) as being part of a view workset which they are not actually a part of and which does not actually exist in the file. As a result I cannot delete the families from the project and to edit them I have to load in a new family and replace all instances, leaving behind a trail of re-named families. Other people have been working on the file like this for some time and when I came it to figure out "why is this file moving so slow" I sent it right off to the Factory because I can't find a way to delete all the clutter (trying to purge puts you into an endless loop of error messages).

Login to Give a bone

Just got an update from Autodesk. The file is baffeling them and they'll need more time to work on it, as in weeks. The silence has been broken and we all feel better. We're going to proceed on our bad file and then send it to Autodesk after our next issue date.

All AUGI, all the time tc3dcad60731's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

My suggestion to you would have been to place a reactor in the backyard and re-send the file to them!

No really, that would have been the wrong type of response. Personally, I would submit all support requests to them and give them ATLEAST 1 week. In the mean time, come here and we can see if we can help! I am not a guru but do you have worksharing and worksets set-up on this? If so see if the people working on it are saving to central and checking the files back in. (currently taking a class on this so that is why it comes to mind) You can ask Jeffrey McGrew, our instructor and he might be able to help. Two other ones to ask are Jim Balding and Mr. Spot!!!

Glad to know that they did finally get back to you.
    Last edited by tc3dcad; 2006-03-01 at 06:10 AM.

Login to Give a bone

The file was split up into worksets and design options, and layed out on sheets back in Revit 7. I believe the problem originally occured when all the design options were consolodated at the same time as extra worksets and sheets were deleted. Unfortunately I wasn't working on the project at that time and didn't catch catch the error as it happened. Our team has been very good about saving to central every hour, but I think the number of design options early on clearly confused both the users and the Revit file. If the factory can't fix it, I don't know how AUGI could, but thanks.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Baros View Post
    We sent a file to the factory for a support Request last Monday (though they didn't even look at the file until Thursday) and still haven't heard anything (except for the original message confirming that they reproduced the problem and are working on it). After hearing about others good results, I was disappointed that they didn't even see that I uploaded the file until 3 days later and that there is no communication on what is going on.

How long do we wait before we give up and live with the corrupt file, and if we do just forge ahead with the corrupt file, is there any way to reconcile the (hopefully) fixed file and our changes.

Thanks.
    Two weeks and counting....

Login to Give a bone

I think there are a couple levels of subscriptions support. Used to be there was just one level and everyone got the same support, but a while ago Autodesk dropped phone support for the rif raf and instituted a Gold Level support. I think you might get more timely response if you shelled out the extra $ for the Gold Support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast