I am having an issue with the analytical model that I get when I use the beam systems. I am working with a sloped roof - I am using the roof deck (a floor system) as the Work Plane for both the beams (girders) and the beam system (K-series Bar Joists). When I slope the roof deck, the beams and joist both rotate with it like they should. However I am setting the analytical model to be at the reference level (a flat plane) and not the top of the member, because otherwise there would be a 2 1/2" off-set of the support girder at the joist connection (distance for the joist seat).

The problem I am having is that when the slope of the roof is slopped in the same direction as the the joists, the analytical member that is created is off-set about a 1/4" from the analytical member for the support girder. It seams that when the beam system is rotated with the roof deck, the point where it puts the end of the analytical member is moved too. When I then import my model into ETABS, the joists are not attached to the support beam.

My questions:

Is there a way to adjust just the analytical model for the beam system, or set it up so that it will always stay attached to the support beam?

Is it maybe a setting I can do when I import my model into ETABS - tell it to connect all member that are with in so many inched of one another?

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks for you help.