Thread: Installation problem - Open AutoCAD, missing acad.cui and Shapes.atc messages

Login to Give a bone

Smile Installation problem - Open AutoCAD, missing acad.cui and Shapes.atc messages

Have not used this forum yet, just became a member at AU in Orlando. So here goes.

After installing a single seat of AutoCAD 2006, I open the program and get this message:

Customization file load failed, File not found: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2006\R16.2\enu\support\acad.cui

I click ok and then get a box asking me to "Specify font for FONTALT"

I click ok and get this message: (Also see attached file)

Shape catalog file 'C:\Documents and Settings\username\application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2006\R16.2\enu\support\Shapes.atc' is not found.

I click ok and the program runs but with minimal menus in the bar.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several time with no luck. I had this happen on another workstation and reinstalling cured it. Not with this one.

I am hoping SOMEONE else has had this problem and that it is not unique to me. Not that I would wish this on anyone, but I am assuming there is a fix that someone will know about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by clrbedwards; 2006-03-10 at 06:19 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Installation problem - Open AutoCAD, missing acad.cui and Shapes.atc messages

Do you have an acad.cui and shapes.atc file located at those locations? If not, you may be able to find the two files in the following directory: C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2006\UserDataCache\Support

Is the FONTALT need to be specified each time?

Do you have administrator rights for the workstation you installed it to?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Installation problem - Open AutoCAD, missing acad.cui and Shapes.atc messages

Opie,

It just so happens that someone else also just told me to check administrative rights. I am 90% sure that I do with the username I used. I will have to check it out tomorrow morning, as I can't get access to the workstation for the rest of today. Will let you know the results.

Thanks,
    Chris

Login to Give a bone

Good Luck.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Plus, you may like to take a look at the following Technical Document on the Autodesk web site under the Knowledge Base section...

ID: TS81855- Error: shapes.atc cannot be found

It might offer you one or two clues to your particular issue / problem...

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Well, after installing on the forth workstation, I think I finally got it. The problem I was having was related to admin rights. I had a bit of a senior moment on a couple of things. Things are looking good now. Couple of minor problems. Load succeeded as follows:
    Log on as admin to local workstation
    Update windows
    Load AutoCAD
    Reboot
    Open AutoCAD
    Register
    Log on to workstation with network profile
    Install SP1
    Then imported AutoCAD profile with customization
    Bingo