Thread: Color of material "SAND TEXTURE"

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Question Color of material "SAND TEXTURE"

I have attached the material “SAND TEXTURE” to the layers that the walls of my 3D Solids model are on. The texture of this material is the best one to simulate smooth-troweled stucco. After numerous rendering experiments, modifying the Color/Pattern Value, Color (ACI both on and off with RGB to white), and Bitmap Blend of the “SAND TEXTURE” material, the mustard yellow color of this material "pukes out" the pale pink, salmon, & coral colors of my wall colors, unless the Bitmap Blend value is lowered enough, but the sand texture is lost.
    In fact, for any material that uses a texture map that is attached to a layer with the Bitmap Blend high enough for the material texture to show through, the ACI color of the layer the material is attached to is too muddied upon rendering, unless the basic color of the material is gray, white (texture maps such as “gravel1.tga” or “istone2.tga”), or very close to the the color of the layer the material is attached to. Therefore, I would like to edit the color of the tga file called "SAND" in the Textures folder AutoCAD uses for material bitmaps. Which program opens a .tga file for editing and which line or lines of code would I change & how to modify the color? Perhaps a website can be suggested that has a library of .tga files of architectural finishes beyond what ACAD 05 provides.
    With gratitude.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Color of material "SAND TEXTURE"

Quote Originally Posted by rbdome
    <SNIP> Perhaps a website can be suggested that has a library of .tga files of architectural finishes beyond what ACAD 05 provides.
    Hi

For starters, perhaps somewhere like...

accustudio texture library ( link via Mark Thomas ).

Have a good one, Mike