See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Issue with Dynamic Input

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Issue with Dynamic Input

This may be more or a general AutoCAD question but since I have ADT 2006...

Recently an odd error has occurred with using my Dynamic Input.

Symptoms:
    1) I can't visually see it. In other words, I know it works as I can type in any command (without the command line) and the command takes effect, but I can't see any of the words/options.

2) Dynamic input stays on, sort of. Visually it appears to turn off/on by pushing the "button" on the bottom of the screen, but AutoCAD will continue to allow keyboard input regardless of the mode. In other words, I can type "line" and it won't show as I type, but the command will still become active. The exception to this rule is if something can be "picked" from the menu options that appear after a command is typed. This menu will stay invisible until arrow key over to it. At that point suddenly the drop down menu will appear and using the arrows (not my mouse) I can select my options on the dynamic menu.

But nothing I do seem to effect the fact I can't actually see the text or options when I enter the dynamic input information. It's almost as if Transparency was set at 100% (but even if that was the case you would still see something). I even did an un-install/re-install... still nothing.

Granted I could do a complete wipe (delete everything even AutoCAD's typical uninstall doesn't delete) but I have a feeling (I hope) there is just some odd setting I'm missing. Any thoughts? If I didn't know better I'd say all the default colors were set to black so I couldn't see it, but that doesn't appear to be the case...

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Issue with Dynamic Input

Did you change any of the Dynamic Input settings? You access these by right-clicking on the 'DYN' button on the bottom of the screen and selecting 'settings' from the popup menu. I don't know if you already tried that, but I've had some of that glitch up and then had to go in and reset it. Maybe take a look there.

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jswantek
    Did you change any of the Dynamic Input settings? You access these by right-clicking on the 'DYN' button on the bottom of the screen and selecting 'settings' from the popup menu.
    Bingo! Big reputation coming your way for the help.

What happened is on Friday I had ADT install an "update" and it messed my settings up there. From that menu I checked "Show Command Prompting and Command Input Near the Crosshairs" ... and that fixed the problem.

It's interesting, you can set AutoCAD to do dynamic input without prompts... didn't realize that before (never had a use to turn it off....)

Thanks!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

It is neat that you can just turn all of that off and have no visibility of your inputs. Unless, of course, you're running split-screen and have the text window open on the other side. Still, I like to see SOMETHING of what I'm doing.

Glad I could help!!!!

Login to Give a bone

I am also having an issue with the dynamic input, think its a setting but when you have your cursor hover over an aec object it use to list it's elevation, block name etc. how do i turn it back on