Thread: Holes - Double CSK and Double C'Bored

Wish List Administration

Default Holes - Double CSK and Double C'Bored

Summary: Ability to place double CSK or C'Bored Holes, or be able to select which end the CSK or C'Bore feature is placed.

Description: Option for double C-bore & C-sink on holes

How Used: We need the choice to select either double counter-sunk holes - with different measurements each end, counter-sunk and counter-bored at either end and double counter-bored holes - with different measurements either end. This has now become even more imperative with the new functionality of being able to place a hole without using a sketch. By having the ability to control which end the counter-sink is put or of that matter a counter-bore or combination I would be able to resolve a workaround issue with derived parts and concentric holes and well as meeting and engineering requirement. Also need the annotation tool to go with this flexible functionality.

Feature Affinity: Part Modeling

Submitted By: Sam Antos on March 23, 2006
    Last edited by Inventor Wishes; 2006-03-29 at 01:08 PM.

Default Re: Holes - Double CSK and Double C'Bored

I think there is a need for compound holes as well - NPT, ORB etc. Unbrako and Holokrome (Make SHCS) also recomend a small chamfer at the bottom of the counterbore where their screws are used for example. Allowing access to iFeatures through the hole dialog may be a way to provide this (after ifeatures are improved - more on that later). An iFeature would need a property (or something similar) that would populate a holenote.

I've got to agree with this wish as I've been 'banging on' about it for years.

But I've also got to add Centre Drills

The selection should also include Centre Drills

Absolutly. When I used to use Drew's IVholes, I had centerdrills added to the spreadsheet. It worked good. We also need number and letter drills...

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post

I have asked for this in the past also. The only thing I would add is option for threads on either or both ends.

David Lloyd