My project was set up with a useful 0,0 point by moving the survey drawing in autocad to 0,0 in WCS and linking it Origin-Origin in Revit. The origin in both programs is the bottom righ corner of the site. This checks out with the 'report coordinates' tool. Now, *sometimes* when I try to link another autocad file, drawn to the same origin, I get the following non-critical error message :

Imported objects located a large distance from the model might not display properly. The 'Center-to-Center' option will be used.

And lo, the linked drawing is located off to one side and has to be manually repositioned. The imported object is not a large distance from the model, in fact it is a little bit *larger* than the model (it's a site plan, but his happens with all sorts of linked drawings)

This happens even if I link only 1 layer, which I know for a fact to be smaller than the project - eg a circle at 0,0

Here's the interesting thing - If I create a new in place family, then create an Extrusion, then import one of the layers from the aforementioned Autocad file, origin-origin, then the lines come through in exactly the right place, no matter which layer(s) I import.

This is driving me up the wall, as there are at least 4 linked survey drawings per floor, on a 10 story building - all of which would need repositioning (not to mention all the consultant's drawings later on)

Is there any way to supress this behaviour and tell Revit that yes, I really *did* mean origin-origin?