Thread: Disciplines

I could stop if I wanted to robmorfin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I want to show the section marks in my framing plan, but because of the structural discipline option they hide by default, is there a way to edit the visibility options inside these disciplines?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Disciplines

Just open the Visability Graphics dialogue and check the visibility for those items in Annotations.
    Make that a template to apply to all other similar views.

Login to Give a bone

In the Visibility / Graphic Overrides Dialog Box for this view specifically the sections option under Annotation Categories tab is selected as visible for this view, but it doesn't show, if I change the discipline from structural to Architectural in the view properties dialog box then the section mmarks are shown, I search under help and this is what it says about discipline "Sets the visibility of non-bearing walls and discipline specific annotation symbols (such as framing elevations).", I think the section marks always have to be shown in any structural plan but I cannot find a way to change the discipline settings in order to be able to show the section marks, please help.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Rob,

As you've observed you have either Architectural, Structural or Coordination discipline view property options right? When you create a section it too has these property options.

When you create an architectural section that you want on other drawings too you can either:

Add a new section mark to your view by checking the "reference other view" option and selecting that "other" section.

Change the discipline of the section you want to see in both to "coordination".

Does that help?

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the tip Steve, I duplicated the section view and then from the view properties I selected the structural discipline, I don't like duplicating views (they usually become unneccessary), but is a good workaround.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Disciplines

Cool!!

On Revit 6.1 if you created a section in any discipline, it stayed with that discipline display properties, I just found out that in Revit 7 it works fine without the need to duplicate views.

Before, I created an architectural discipline section, the section mark was shown on all architectural views but not on the structural (or others) discipline views, you could change the discipline in the views, but it didn't show the section mark (specifically structural plans from the Imperial templates included in Revit), now, you change it from sturctural to architectural and these section marks automatically appear, before I needed either to duplicate views or create a non intelligent section mark (fake, drafted).

Cool!! again.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs down Re: Disciplines

I take that back, it is not as cool as I thought, once I change my structural discipline to architectural, my bearing walls, columns and structural info disappear and it becomes an architectural floorplan, section marks should have the option of been shown in one or more disciplines at the same time, I want to show the same sections always.

Login to Give a bone

did you try coordination discipline?

Login to Give a bone

yes, you can see the sections and the structural information BUT the non-bearing walls (gray color on structural discipline) are shown as the bearing walls (black), and is kind of a big deal with the company drawing standards.