Thread: Edit a Plan-made Sweep in Elevation

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Edit a Plan-made Sweep in Elevation

I don't know if anyone has stumbled on this (my normal method of discovery ):

I'm often frustrated that I can't edit a plan-made sweep from an elevation. I run a lot of gutters and running trim around residential, so I often go back to change or adjust their extents and find it easier to view the part I want to adjust from an elevation not obstructed by roof eaves, etc.

What I found:

If you are in elevation view and try to edit the path of a plan-made sweep, Revit gives you a choice of plan views and 3D views from which to edit. Pick one. You’ll go into that view, but because Revit’s Project Browser maintains the view and half-tone highlight of the last view you were in (in this case, elevation), you double-click that and you’re back into your preferred view (elevation). The sweep’s pink path line is visible and you CAN manipulate it. You cannot do certain things like add a line or move the existing line up or down (though you could do that with the completed sweep in that same elevation view). But you can split the line. You can delete portions of it (even portions that are perpendicular to the elevation view). You can add reference planes and trim the line to them. You can change the end of the line’s distance from an object, because when you split the line, sketch dimensions show up.

Not perfect, but saves view frustration and steps for me.

Geof Narlee.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Edit a Plan-made Sweep in Elevation

This also works for roof, ceiling and floor sketches too. I have even found myself changing a floor sketch from a wall section callout. It is really good for getting in that perfect 3D worms eye view for editing a sloped ceiling. Good tip!