See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Mouse wheel zoom in orbit changes focal point away from current view

Login to Give a bone

Default Mouse wheel zoom in orbit changes focal point away from current view

Mouse wheel zoom in orbit changes focal point away from current view. Orbit works fine, orbit pan works holding the wheel down, orbit zoom by rolling the mouse wheel changes the focal point a good distance away from the intended location. Zoomfactor has nothing to do with it nor does the Windows mouse settings.
    Open a new cad file in model space (model tab), draw a line, start orbit, roll mouse wheel forward or backward. The view changes to a location over 1000 units away. It doesn't matter whether its a new cad file or old cad file. Any ideas?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Mouse wheel zoom in orbit changes focal point away from current view

When you use the scroll to zoom, it uses the mouse cursor as the center point for zooming. Does it not do that for you? Try moving your mouse before you start scrolling.

Also, you don't need to start the orbit command, just scroll to zoom.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Mouse wheel zoom in orbit changes focal point away from current view

Apparently, you were not able to duplicate the problem. Zoom is a function in orbit. You can pan and zoom while in orbit using the mouse wheel. I know you don't have to, but I prefer to use an orbit function that centers the orbit where I want it to center. Unfortunately, the zoom is not working like it did in previous versions. It doesn't matter which orbit you use or if you move the mouse or not, if you roll the mouse wheel while in orbit, it zooms to a point away from the current view.

Login to Give a bone

Which version of AutoCAD are you using? I'm using 2018 and don't have a problem. However, ORBIT does behave differently if you select some objects before running the command. It orbits around those objects. By any chance, is your model a long ways away from 0,0?
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

Here's what I've found so far.
    https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autoc...em/m-p/3039268
    It's a multiple display problem. Switch Autocad to the main display and no more problem. So I changed my main display to the one that I use mostly for Autocad and Autocad based programs. I have not found the resolution for the secondary displays. It seems that others have had the same problem and found a good work around. Thank you Caddman4 on Autodesk Forums!
    Last edited by dervin; 2019-06-26 at 01:10 PM.