Thread: How do I Preset Viewport Scale?

Login to Give a bone

Default How do I Preset Viewport Scale?

I've just been upgraded from ACAD2000 to 2006, so I feel a bit behind. I want to create a new viewport in paperspace (MVIEW) and bring it in with a preset scale. Actually, I want to bring in the viewport, with everything in Modelspace zoomed to Extents, THEN set the scale to a predetermined value. I'm looking for a system variable or command that I can use in either VBA or a script. Any ideas? Thanks. First time on this thing.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How do I Preset Viewport Scale?

Welcome to AUGI.

Are you looking for a VBA or AutoLisp solution?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Wow, that was fast. Thanks. Here's the general idea: I have a Standard Part Sketch we use to display individual plate parts. It has a preset Paperspace viewport (9.5"x6") and I want to automatically set the scale to bring in the part. I get the part size, divide it by the viewport size, and get a rough scale factor. I then cut that in half to allow space around the part for dimensions, notes and elbow room. I need the command or setting to change the viewport scale after the part zooms extents inside the VP. I haven't learned lisp, due to too many years using AutoCadLT, but I've been programming in VB for a few years, so I'm working my way into VBA. I've been using VB to write scripts, but I think VBA would be much more direct.

Login to Give a bone

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the New Forum Users Forum to this one as I believe it would be better served here.

Below snippet is from the small print on the Forum General page -

<snip>
    New to the Forums? This is the place to experiment with the posting editor and learn how to interact with our forums. Please experiment here with forum features and commands.
    </snip>

Thanks,

Richard
    Forum Moderator
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

I have a dvb on the Exchange that set vp scale via a dialog. Search for EX001304. You can use that to see how to work with vp scale, or use as is.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

Sounds promising. Thanks.