Thread: Office standard CTB and AIA Standard CTB should both output the same, but...

Login to Give a bone

Default Office standard CTB and AIA Standard CTB should both output the same, but...

in our office we have been using ctb files for line weights since ADT 3.3. we have these old ctb files that we have customized to get the correct line weights that we want. so when we got our copy of 2006 and installed it said to use AIA Standard ctb file. so i matched the AIA Standard ctb file to what we had previously. the problem is when we print the line weights come out completely different. is there a setting that i have missed. the two ctb files are exactly the same i believe. any suggestions. has ADT 2006 changed from ADT 3.3 in respect to ctb files/printing?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Office standard CTB and AIA Standard CTB should both output the same, but...

I use .stb, so I'm not sure what .ctb template styles look like, but you my want to just do a quick check and make sure that the objects aren't associated with lineweight. Next make sure the color associated with the object is the correct one. I know that they did do some changing on the .stb side of things to get the section/elevation tools to work a little better. I'm just wondering if you may need to poke around and find out if things are being forced to a different color in the new version. Just some thoughts.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Office standard CTB and AIA Standard CTB should both output the same, but...

I have found that using the OOTB stb and plotting to DWF gives excellent results. I can print from the DWF at any scale and still get the desired results.