Thread: Plot Lines on top of each other, so thick Lines will plot regardless of draworder

Login to Give a bone

Question Plot Lines on top of each other, so thick Lines will plot regardless of draworder

Problem: If I've drawn a line that is printing screened on top of a line that's printing thick, the output shows the screened line (or whatever is on top) and wipes out the thick line below.

I'd like the output to always show whatever line is thicker or heavier instead.

I can fix this by sending the screened line to the back but it's a very bad solution for my situation.

A long time ago (AutoCAD 12), I was having the same problem and my CAD manager changed a setting in AutoCAD (0 to 1) that fixed the problem at my station.

Does anyone know of setting in AutoCAD that can be changed to always force the thickest line to print?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Plot Lines on top of each other, so thick Lines will plot regardless of draworder

Quote Originally Posted by dick.dudley
    Problem: If I've drawn a line that is printing screened on top of a line that's printing thick, the output shows the screened line (or whatever is on top) and wipes out the thick line below.

I'd like the output to always show whatever line is thicker or heavier instead.

I can fix this by sending the screened line to the back but it's a very bad solution for my situation.

A long time ago (AutoCAD 12), I was having the same problem and my CAD manager changed a setting in AutoCAD (0 to 1) that fixed the problem at my station.

Does anyone know of setting in AutoCAD that can be changed to always force the thickest line to print?
    I'm not sure, so this is a guess: If you execute the plot command, select the printer/plotter you want, click on Custom Properties and expand the Graphics tree there is a Merge Control Item. Have you tried setting that to "Lines Merge" instead of "Lines Overwrite"?

BTW, Welcome to AUGI.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Plot Lines on top of each other, so thick Lines will plot regardless of draworder

Thanks, "Merge Control' sounds very familiar. Sounds like it was changed to a drawing settinginstead of an AutoCAD setting at some point along the way...

I'm off to do more reasearch and testing...

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dick.dudley
    Thanks, "Merge Control' sounds very familiar. Sounds like it was changed to a drawing settinginstead of an AutoCAD setting at some point along the way...

I'm off to do more reasearch and testing...
    OK, let us know how it turns out...