See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BUG - Save 2007 DWG format down to 2000 format - Copy, Paste and others stop working

I could stop if I wanted to Steve Johnson's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: BUG - Save 2007 DWG format down to 2000 format - Copy, Paste and others stop working

Quote Originally Posted by CADMama
    It did not fix the 2000 acad's problem.

Any other ideas?
    The hotfix will not directly fix any problems in 2000. The hotfix prevents the problem from being written by 2007 into 2000 format drawings. So, if your user is having a problem with a drawing in 2000, open that drawing with a fixed 2007 and resave it in 2000 format. Then see if the problem is still there.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: BUG - Save 2007 DWG format down to 2000 format - Copy, Paste and others stop working

Well now, looks like I get to join this "happy" conversation.

We're slowly "upgrading" from AutoCAD 2005 to AutoCAD 2007 LT (no jokes, please, it's painful enough). I'm having the same problems with '07 drawings saved down to '04 format. Found the hotfix, installed it, and now get a new error message (see attached). Oh yeah, and the problem isn't fixed - the commands still don't work and my guys are still locking up and/or crashing.

anyone?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I drink coffee for your protection.

Windows 7 | AutoCAD 2017 | Revit 2017

I could stop if I wanted to Steve Johnson's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Ugh, AEC objects, that's a different problem that I have no idea about. I guess you'll need to work out what AutoCAD-based vertical those drawings have passed through and post the details (and maybe a tiny sample drawing) in the appropriate forum for that vertical.

On the original problem, Autodesk has now released a utility for detecting suspect drawings.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: BUG - Save 2007 DWG format down to 2000 format - Copy, Paste and others stop working

aecobjectexplode? (or wotever precisely the command was) before you save down?

as for the prob not being fixed... you installed the hotfix, then resaved files in 07-04 and they're still not working?

good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by CADKitty
    Well now, looks like I get to join this "happy" conversation.

We're slowly "upgrading" from AutoCAD 2005 to AutoCAD 2007 LT (no jokes, please, it's painful enough). I'm having the same problems with '07 drawings saved down to '04 format. Found the hotfix, installed it, and now get a new error message (see attached). Oh yeah, and the problem isn't fixed - the commands still don't work and my guys are still locking up and/or crashing.

anyone?
    Last edited by Wanderer; 2006-07-24 at 06:47 PM. Reason: I can't spell
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

This has been an issue since 2004, basically the way to fix it as I recall is open the drawing and do an audit before anything else, as well as a complete purge (meaning if in 2004 use the -purge regapps option), be sure to do these in 2007 as well. Also make sure all patches are applied to both your system as well as the ones having problems.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: BUG - Save 2007 DWG format down to 2000 format - Copy, Paste and others stop working

Quote Originally Posted by darin.marsden
    We have been facing a similar experience. We have one contractor that we work with that says he can't open my drawings. I have the option set to save as 2000 file for all drawings (soon will be able to save as 2004, wooohoooo). However I can open and save from my 2006 version.
    Has anyone discovered a fix to this problem yet? I've had 2 contractors using 2004 say they can't open drawings I saved in 2007 as a 2000 file.

By the way, if you're etransmitting drawings the settings in etransmit have to be changed to save in 2000 as well.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by lhughes
    Has anyone discovered a fix to this problem yet? I've had 2 contractors using 2004 say they can't open drawings I saved in 2007 as a 2000 file.

By the way, if you're etransmitting drawings the settings in etransmit have to be changed to save in 2000 as well.
    Like she said...

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer
    as predicted... the fix can be downloaded here...
    BTW - in your case, simply saving in A2004 format may solve the problem.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks, jaberwok. Didn't know whether the fix for copy and paste problems was the same for saveas problems. I'd rather save in one format only rather than a different format for each person I'm distributing to, so hope it works.

Login to Give a bone

only myself and the cadd manager have upgraded to 2007, the rest of our office is still using 2006 and we save down to 2004 format. We are having the same problem and are not even using 2000 format in any way.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by lhughes
    Thanks, jaberwok. Didn't know whether the fix for copy and paste problems was the same for saveas problems. I'd rather save in one format only rather than a different format for each person I'm distributing to, so hope it works.
    As I understand it - it's just one problem. The problem exists in A2007 but only shows up in files that have been saved as A2000. So the fix has to be applied to A2007 to prevent the problem appearing in the earlier releases. It's a bit like someone being a carrier for a disease but who shows no symptoms themselves.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast