Thread: Need to flag New or Modified entities

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Need to flag New or Modified entities

I want to flag areas in my drawing that have been modified or new entities created. Any way to flag this? I was thinking of the handle, but thought that wouldn't work for modifications. Any help please.

Jim

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Need to flag New or Modified entities

Quote Originally Posted by jim.dahl
    I want to flag areas in my drawing that have been modified or new entities created. Any way to flag this? I was thinking of the handle, but thought that wouldn't work for modifications. Any help please.

Jim
    New entities would be easy but like you said modified entities would be the kicker to keep up with. You would almost need to fire off a reactor every time you or a user used an edit command to grab the handle and place it in a dictionary then pull them out when you need to compare.

Login to Give a bone

Jim
    During a single drawing session or across the history of the drawing file?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks for suggestions. What I am going to try is export lines and text as shape files with layer and handle properties. Then over a period of a week or two I will relate the two tables and see which handles dropped from the old table and which added to the new table and do a spatial query with the section map to determine which section maps should be updated. The reason behind the text along with lines is for modifications where usually some text is added. If anyone has more I would like to hear.

Jim

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for suggestions. What I am going to try is export lines and text as shape files with layer and handle properties. Then over a period of a week or two I will relate the two tables and see which handles dropped from the old table and which added to the new table and do a spatial query with the section map to determine which section maps should be updated. The reason behind the text along with lines is for modifications where usually some text is added. If anyone has more I would like to hear.

Jim
    You can't necessarily rely on handles.

Consider a line broken into two lines. One will keep the handle of the orginal line, the other gets a new handle. Now if you extend the line with the new handle, then join the lines back together, the "new" line has the same handle as the original line, but it's not the same.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |