Thread: Open drawing files for viewing via clicking Objects in another drawing file

Login to Give a bone

Default Open drawing files for viewing via clicking Objects in another drawing file

Question is with AutoCAD 2006, can ya click on lets say a manhole symbol and the symbol pull up the separate butterfly drawing to your screen, then click the X and it go away and the map you were viewing still be visible?? I looked into this in 2002 and there was a software called Aperture, it had gooey interface buttons that allowed the typical gooey button interface of even when ya opened up the butterfly, the butterfly AutoCAD drawing can have goeys buttons that lets say if ya click on a button on that sheet it could open up a picture of the manhole or a word document about that manhole or a excel spread sheet about that mahole.

I’d really appreciate any input from some other AutoCAD folks in the guild or who ever.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Open drawing files for viewing via clicking Objects in another drawing file

Quote Originally Posted by rbaker.48122
    Question is with AutoCAD 2006, can ya click on lets say a manhole symbol and the symbol pull up the separate butterfly drawing to your screen, then click the X and it go away and the map you were viewing still be visible?? I looked into this in 2002 and there was a software called Aperture, it had gooey interface buttons that allowed the typical gooey button interface of even when ya opened up the butterfly, the butterfly AutoCAD drawing can have goeys buttons that lets say if ya click on a button on that sheet it could open up a picture of the manhole or a word document about that manhole or a excel spread sheet about that mahole.

I’d really appreciate any input from some other AutoCAD folks in the guild or who ever.

Thanks
    Have you tried this thread (Open a doc from in a dwg with a click)?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Open drawing files for viewing via clicking Objects in another drawing file

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the Forum Feedback Forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks,

Richard
    Forum Moderator
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt