Thread: AutoCAD 2007 on Windows x64

Bangkok, Thailand - (Currently working in Dubai)
    Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD 2007 on Windows x64

Does anyone know if AutoCAD 2007 will run happily on an AMD Athlon 64x2 system with Windows x64?

I probably should have checked this before ordering 2007, but it's too late now :-s Hopefully it will be with me in a couple of days.

I thought that Win x64 was supposed to support all 32 Bit applications, but I am having loads of problems trying to install stuff. Getting a lot of messages about platform incompatibilities.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2007 on Windows x64

Hi

As far as I know ( which really means nothing ), Autodesk does not test or support AutoCAD 2007 on Windows XP 64-bit Operating System...

AutoCAD 2007 - System Requirements

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

I have one machine here that has XP64 (ordered that way by accident), and it is a pain in my rear with driver issues and such. I'm considering reformatting and going back to 32 bit. My $0.02.

Login to Give a bone

Mike, yeah I checked the AutoDESK sys req page and noticed that x64 was quite conspicuous by its absence.

Tim, I have been using x64 for about 4 hours now and I am soooo tempted to reformat and go back to XP32bit.

Software firewalls, antivirus software and display drivers are all giving me problems, all this after three hours of it telling me that I didn't have a hard drive because of RAID problems.

I have my laptop open beside me and seem to be using it for constantly googling error messages I get on my desktop.

Login to Give a bone

Nah. I'm done with x64. Less than half of my existing licensed software will run and I am not just gonna dump them. Maybe around license renewal time, there will be x64 versions available (and then again maybe by then we will all be on Mactels!!!)

XPx64 can claim victory. I submit. I had less problems setting up a dual-boot linux/Xp laptop.

Maybe Vista will be more fun, but then I suppose a predominently bug free, secure version of that is still probably three service packs away.
    Last edited by noozybkk; 2006-05-04 at 08:34 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Update:

I was able to successfully install Civil 3D 2007 on a Windows XP 64 Bit machine (no, they won't let me format and reinstall the 32 bit os, but I tried ), but it took a little more work than usual.

A couple of problems I had to overcome were:

Directx 9 wouldn't install from the deployment because the version shipped on the Autocad DVD/CD doesn't support XP 64. This causes a dll not found error for D3DX9_27.DLL when you start Autocad. To get around this, I downloaded Directx 9.0C from HERE and installed it before trying to install Autocad.

Also, because of pathing issues that caused multiple arx load errors while loading the program, I had to move the installation path out of Program Files (I used C:\Civil 3d\ for the path). I think it has something to do with the parentheses in "...Program Files (x86)...", but I'm not sure.

So far so good, but we'll see...

Caution - From what I have read, Autocad isn't supported on the Windows XP 64 platform, so installing on XP 64 is at your own risk.

HTH

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Another recent update, this time via Shaan Hurley...

64 bit and AutoCAD?

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by .T. View Post
    Update:

I was able to successfully install Civil 3D 2007 on a Windows XP 64 Bit machine (no, they won't let me format and reinstall the 32 bit os, but I tried ), but it took a little more work than usual.

A couple of problems I had to overcome were:

Directx 9 wouldn't install from the deployment because the version shipped on the Autocad DVD/CD doesn't support XP 64. This causes a dll not found error for D3DX9_27.DLL when you start Autocad. To get around this, I downloaded Directx 9.0C from and installed it before trying to install Autocad.

Also, because of pathing issues that caused multiple arx load errors while loading the program, I had to move the installation path out of Program Files (I used C:\Civil 3d\ for the path). I think it has something to do with the parentheses in "...Program Files (x86)...", but I'm not sure.

So far so good, but we'll see...

Caution - From what I have read, Autocad isn't supported on the Windows XP 64 platform, so installing on XP 64 is at your own risk.

HTH
    Hi T,

You can get the D3DX9_27.DLL file from the above link.
    this is the source which is best for solving this sort of dll related issues.
    Click the Link on this page “Run a Free DLL Scan” and it will fix it for you.