See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: help with wall please

Login to Give a bone

Default help with wall please

hi everyone i am having a problem with a wall. i didnt start this project myself and im learning revit while i go along, ive run into a wall someone had created that has stone, then a ledge then brick as shown in the included picture, i would like to know if there is a way to edit the top material.. what i want is siding up there and it would be only 1/2" thick can i have 2 different values for the stone and the material above?

if not, how do i delete the brick, and leave the stone and ledge so i can create a stacked wall? the fields are 'greyed' out

i hope ive explained this well, the person who started this project is now on vacation and ive run into this problem and dont know how to proceed!

thanks for any help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ..shaner; 2006-05-08 at 02:01 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: help with wall please

sorry, here is thr picture

Login to Give a bone

Hi there Shane. The highlighted area is where you would change the wall sweeps and reveals .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo
    Hi there Shane. The highlighted area is where you would change the wall sweeps and reveals .
    thanks, but im not having trouble changeing sweep but the actual brick that is about the ledge, i want that to be siding and only 1/2" thick, but if i change that it also is changing my stone below to that thickness, i dont even know how to delete those elements if i wanted to, because as you can see from my picture they are greyed out

Login to Give a bone

Could you possible post a project with just that wall so that I and other's can have a look at it?

Login to Give a bone

here is the wall, see the comments in the section view

i really appreciate you guys looking at it, i havent really changed any walls on this project, im real noob..

thanks again
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

The other user used the Split Region tool to split the masonry outer layer to assign two different materials to it. To do what you want you'll need to merge that region back together, change the brick to your siding, and then use a sweep profile for the stone wainscot on the outside.

Either that or use stacked walls, but I greatly favor the former over the latter.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by patricks
    The other user used the Split Region tool to split the masonry outer layer to assign two different materials to it. To do what you want you'll need to merge that region back together, change the brick to your siding, and then use a sweep profile for the stone wainscot on the outside.

Either that or use stacked walls, but I greatly favor the former over the latter.

agreed i dont like stacked walls, the've been giving my problems and ive tryed to avoit them at all costs, thanks for the advice everyone

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by patricks

well, i still have one problem, i created a sweep for the stone wainscot but i have my siding against the insulation of the icf and it continues all the way down into my airspace. is there a way to not allow one of my materials below a certian height? ive tryed playing with the spilt region tool but i couldnt get it to work,

unfortuanatly ive got not much time to get this project out or i would spend more time playing around or reading through tutorials, but i just dont have the time and this is much quicker, thats why i am thankful for your time.