Thread: AutoCAD LT 2007 - "DWG to PDF" output looks ok on screen but prints badly

Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD LT 2007 - "DWG to PDF" output looks ok on screen but prints badly

Hi there,

I have AutoCADLT 2007.

I used to use the bluebeam pdf program with 2006LT and had no real major problems with sending my pdf's to the printer to get plotted. They all printed fine

Now that I am using the "DWG to PDF" option in cad the programs prints to pdf format and when you open it onscreen it all appears ok. But when you send the file to a plotter the plotter gets confused and any of the thick text like say Arial for instance in bold will print but there will be pieces missing and there will be line coming off the text.

At the print shop we managed to open the pdf in adobe illistrator and found that it was actually filling the text with hundreds of little triangle blocks and rectangles etc to make the text shape. I noticed that bluebeam seems to shade things with lines as opposed to object shapes.

Is anyone else having this problem and is there some options within cad to change the pdf settings or something to try and eliminate this problem?

Regards,
    Justin

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Re: AutoCAD LT 2007 - "DWG to PDF" output looks ok on screen but prints badly

Hmmmm......
    I wonder if your CTB file might have a screwy setting set?

Try looking at the fill style setting.... I would make sure its set to solid....

You might want to look at as well to the line end style and line join style... too.....

I hope that helps.....
    ... SMILE ... the work will always be there, but you don't have to be there .... try again tomorrow.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD LT 2007 - "DWG to PDF" output looks ok on screen but prints badly

this problem is happening with different *.ctb files as my main business is doing "as constrcuted" drawings for other companies.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: AutoCAD LT 2007 - "DWG to PDF" output looks ok on screen but prints badly

check them all....
    ... SMILE ... the work will always be there, but you don't have to be there .... try again tomorrow.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD LT 2007 - "DWG to PDF" output looks ok on screen but prints badly

R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |