Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: digital stamps

Login to Give a bone

Default digital stamps

how are you guys doing your digital stamps in revit? i was going to make it in a family but want really sure how to go about it

any thoughts?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: digital stamps

I'm not too sure what you mean by a digital stamp but if its a label like this (refer attachment) - I create it as an annotation family...

HTH
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers @blads
    Mac Geek | Building Design Suite 2020 | Semi-Retired Building Designer / CAD-BIM Trainer | Autodesk Certified Professional

Login to Give a bone

He means like your architects' stamp, not sure what you guys have down there. Here we have to "sign and seal" drawings, where you apply a stamp to the drawings for the state you are registered in (also the state where the project is located) and then sign and date across the stamp.

You could stamp a piece of paper and scan it, or you could create a stamp on your title block family with a yes/no visibility parameter. When you print final, turn it on and then sign the sheet after it prints.

I could stop if I wanted to ita's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

We are required to affix the logo of the Architect Registration Board of the state on drawings, stationery and all documents to signify our registration along with our registration number located underneath. Different for different locations I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ita; 2006-05-12 at 09:59 AM.

"Rock-n-Roll Architect" SCShell's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Hey there,
    I can bearly remember; however, what I seem to recall was doing this:
    Create a new project and actually draw your seal (2d "un-revitlike"), including text etc. (I remember that because I had to enter each letter separately and then rotate it so that each individual letter followed the radius of the outer circle of my seal.
    Save it out as a project "Seal" or something just to create your backup copy..
    Then you have a few options.
    You can save it out as a JPG rastor image, a DWG or as a revit project. Then, once you create your titleblock, you can import it back in as a JPG, DWG or RVT. The other thing I did was to create a parameter on my standard titleblock which allows me to click a box to either show my seal, or to show "Preliminary Drawing, Not For Construction" in the lower corner of the sheet. (Our laws require one of the other on all drawings issued)

Good Luck
    Steve

All AUGI, all the time archjake's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I have always made it a 2D symbol family. Sometimes the state will give you a DWG to download and you modify the seal for your name and lic. number.

If you have access to Autocad you can edit it in ACAD and then import this into a symbol family and use it as is. No exploding of layers or rotating text necessary.

We usually add it to our titleblock and then play with visibility & formulas to swap it out for a preliminary NFC stamp that is controlled with a check box in the titleblock family.
    Now I just need to pass my next 3 exams so I too can have my own Seal.

All AUGI, all the time Justin Marchiel's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: digital stamps

Quote Originally Posted by patricks
    He means like your architects' stamp, not sure what you guys have down there. Here we have to "sign and seal" drawings, where you apply a stamp to the drawings for the state you are registered in (also the state where the project is located) and then sign and date across the stamp.

You could stamp a piece of paper and scan it, or you could create a stamp on your title block family with a yes/no visibility parameter. When you print final, turn it on and then sign the sheet after it prints.
    Not that this adds to the question, but do you really want to have your architects stamp always on a drawing? Here is BC Canada the architect manually stamps his drawings and signs them. This way he is always in control of what is signed and sealed and doesn't have to worry about contractors/clients/developers running around with forged documents.

I guess it might be different in the states, so i am just spurring a little discussion.

Justin

Login to Give a bone

we send out alot of drawings by PDF to our far away clients so they can print them there.. so by digitally stamping we can send them a copy of stamped drawings without having to ship them out.

in cad i just had a block with the stamp in lines and a jpg for the signature and then i use attributes to have an editable date, it worked great.

basically i want to be able to change the date without having to reimport the drawing, im thinking ill make a family with a tiff of the stamp and put revit text box over the area where the date would be so i can edit it every time

thanks for the advice

Login to Give a bone

We've been doing much the same here - we've got a jpg with the Principal's signature.
    In DeadCAD, we had a Batch Plot routine that Xreffed the image ONLY during the plotting process, so the XRef was never in the DWG.
    In Revit, however, I've created an Annotation Family with a Yes/No parameter.

I was all happy with that & all until we started working with our consultant engineers who are starting to use Revit Structure
    I realized that, when we send them our RVT file, it's got the signature in the titleblock!
    Not that they are unethical or anything, but I do not want to send out anything with the possibility of someone else printing a signed drawing

Then I thought, perhaps, that I could Link in the signature somehow & keep it on our network, but there's no way to Link into a Titleblock.

I wouldn't mind making it it difficult for us to add a signature, but right now it looks either insecure, or impossible. Any solution our there in between?

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

You can create two titleblocks, one with stamp and one without and then just swap them using 'select all instances when you plot or export to consultants.

I agree with Justin too. AFAIK you can't submit a 'digital' signature in most BC Municipalities, it has to be a signed original. The seal itself can probably be on the drawings but the signature would have to be good old analog ink.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast