Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survey on Revit Rendering by Revit Team

Login to Give a bone

Smile Survey on Revit Rendering by Revit Team

Hi folks,

I'm posting this survey link on behalf of Revit Product Design... We've been very happy with your willingness to answer questions for us in surveys If you are a user of Revit Building and produce rendered images, we want to hear your take on Revit's rendering. It will take about 10 minutes or so.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=665082150566

We'll keep it open for a week. Pass it on if you have friends who might be interested and aren't reading AUGI in the next week!

Thanks,
    Lynn Cherny
    Interaction Design,
    Revit Product Design

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Survey on Revit Rendering by Revit Team

Hi Lyn,

I've just done the survey and I'd like to make a few comments. Questions like:

10. For each type of rendering produced in Revit, how long are you willing to wait for a resulting image that’s satisfactory?

Are very difficult to answer. Of course realtime for all options is what we want Also the series of questions like:

17. In the following pair, pick the one you care about most or choose “neither”:

I chose a lot of neithers because for rendering flexibility is paramount. So it's both options in most cases. So I'm not sure how useful the answers are going to be.

Some questions also talk about Revit-Accurender specific features but it's not clear whether you are asking about these features as general requirements or Accurender specific.

Other than that fantastic to see Rendering getting some attention...

Guy

ps: And in my opinion you just can't get photorealistic with Accurender

Login to Give a bone

This is a very promising sign, thanks for asking.

You don't cover it in the survey, but one thing which could use work is the material "browser" itself. The tabs work great but the list is a very limited way of viewing the materials in the project.

Login to Give a bone

Hi Guy,
    Yeah, you're right about the hard ones. I'm still keen to see what people pick if forced to choose As for Accurender, well, that's what Revit has now... what do people think of it? Apart from your PS.

Thanks!
    Lynn

Certifiable AUGI Addict dhurtubise's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks for passing on the info. I did answer

Login to Give a bone

I've not spent a lot of time in Accurender, because I already knew Max and didn't want to start over. But from the work I've scene and the bit's I've tried, I would say that Accurender is stuck between worlds. To difficult to be a turn key solution, and too limited to let you work hard and get a good result. I know that if I spend time in Max or Maxwell, I'll have a result that looks like a photograph. For the same amount of time, or more, I'll have a result that looks good only with a lot of Photoshop work from Accurender in Revit. If I just need a fast result, I export to SketchUP (or soon Acad which I haven't installed yet) if I have time I use Max and Maxwell. Personally, I would just want graphic styles in Revit for schematics and a really good .max or .fbx exporter so that I could use Maxwell for all my photo-real work. If Mental Ray were implemented on Revit, and I could through job's out to Backburner on the network to render without stopping work, I would do 3 or 4 times as many renderings as I do now and they would really be a part of the design process not just documentation and presentation.

All AUGI, all the time Roger Evans's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Speaking as a one man band with limited time & resources I find Accurender to be efficient in producing what I need to study. Yes it is frustrating sometimes but overall more than acceptable. Ease of use is paramount. Time spent in trying to achieve true photorealism is pretty much wasted, but I accept this limitation. I would like to have the ability to produce a more sketchy feel to basic renders.

For my part I suppose I'm so used to the Accurender images produced that they become predictable (quality & colouring) .. (I suppose I have become bored with the result) However the Response from Clients is what counts & generally that is favourable. If I need ultra high quality it would pay to farm the work out.

I don't use other rendering programs.

Appreciate the survey

Thanks

I could stop if I wanted to zanzibarbob7's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks Lynn, this is a good indication that the factory is listening. Would also like to see direct Epix and Stl file export to smooth up the work flow.

All AUGI, all the time Les Therrien's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: Survey on Revit Rendering by Revit Team

Quote Originally Posted by zanzibarbob7
    Thanks Lynn, this is a good indication that the factory is listening. Would also like to see direct Epix and Stl file export to smooth up the work flow.
    I gladly filled it out!
    I like the fact that it's all about rendering.
    I would guess that's the big change for our next big release?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

i've put my 2 cents in. Hopefully this is a really good indication of work being performed and not we'll study the survey and get to it in 2 years..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast