See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing Toolbar Images - show as "?" marks

Login to Give a bone

Default Missing Toolbar Images - show as "?" marks

In messing with the CUI (first time playing with it), I seem to have loss some of my icon images for the toolbar and pull-down menu images for ADT.CUI commands. The commands work just no images.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Missing Toolbar Images - show as "?" marks

Hi

Have you tried searching this forum ( AutoCAD CUI Menus )...

Here are a couple threads to get you going...

Toolbar Image problem with Network Enterprise CUI

Not SMILEY faces Question Marks

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tkrush
    In messing with the CUI (first time playing with it), I seem to have loss some of my icon images for the toolbar and pull-down menu images for ADT.CUI commands. The commands work just no images.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Hard to say without knowing what you did.

However, you have to be careful when moving toolbar buttons around. Button images can reside in .dll files with the same name as the menu. If you move that button to a partial menu for example, it won't be able to find the image.

THIS is the type of things Autodesk should have fixed, we didn't need the CUI.

I customize toolbars in MS Office products all the time and never have to worry about missing icons.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Certifiable AUGI Addict robert.1.hall72202's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I have also had this problem. I have 2 images that keep showing up as question marks.
    I have givin up after assigning images a couple of times and still getting the question
    marks. It is still annoying that the buttons will not take the images, however I am at
    least glad that it is only 2. I will take a look at the threads posted by Mike. As always,
    it is good info.

Login to Give a bone

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Perry
    Hi
    Have you tried searching this forum ( AutoCAD CUI Menus )...
    Mike,

First I appreciate your taking the time to post the threads to help solve my problem. However I do not appreciate your tone that I have not tried to use the AUGI search feature. I have used it numerous times and IMHO it stinks. It will either return 15 pages of hits or it returns nothing. Every time I put quotes (last time I checked this is internet search standard) that it returns me nothing. If I remove the quotes it returns every post that has any one of the words that I put in the search bar. Try putting the word “images” and see how many hits you get.

Second you refer me to the page that I posted the question in the first place. I am little confused by that.

And third; IN retrospect I went back to see a previously post by you;it also had a negative tone

Forums are great tool if I can find the information. If I can find the solution to my problem, then I have to asked for it which results in me being chastise for a asking a question. You being the a director of AUGI, you probably have a lot more time than I do to search for things or you have maybe a different search tool that I do not have.

Signed;
    A little perturb over here.

Login to Give a bone

Mike,

First I appreciate your taking the time to post the threads to help solve my problem. However I do not appreciate your tone that I have not tried to use the AUGI search feature. I have used it numerous times and IMHO it stinks. It will either return 15 pages of hits or it returns nothing. Every time I put quotes (last time I checked this is internet search standard) that it returns me nothing. If I remove the quotes it returns every post that has any one of the words that I put in the search bar. Try putting the word “images” and see how many hits you get.

Second you refer me to the page that I posted the question in the first place. I am little confused by that.

And third; IN retrospect I went back to see a previously post by you;it also had a negative tone

Forums are great tool if I can find the information. If I can find the solution to my problem, then I have to asked for it which results in me being chastise for a asking a question. You being the a director of AUGI, you probably have a lot more time than I do to search for things or you have maybe a different search tool that I do not have.

Signed;
    Have you tried limiting your search to the AutoCAD CUI Menus? What were some of the words you were trying to search for? Have you seen "Forum Searches using short words and abbreviations"?

If any of the above questions appear to be negative, they are not. They are an attempt to help you find the information you are trying to find. They are also attempting to find out more information which would help our other AUGI members in assisting you.

You did not mention wether you have tried a search of the forums. If you find the search not working up to par, post a complaint in the Forum Feedback forum. There are several threads on the subject in that forum.

I hope you find what you are looking for. Good Luck.
    Last edited by Opie; 2006-05-23 at 01:20 PM. Reason: fixed link
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Any ideas?
    Back to the original question...

When you go into the CUI, and navigate to this toolbar button, in the Properties section what is listed under Images?

R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Hi
    First I appreciate your taking the time to post the threads to help solve my problem. However I do not appreciate your tone that I have not tried to use the AUGI search feature. I have used it numerous times and IMHO it stinks. It will either return 15 pages of hits or it returns nothing. Every time I put quotes (last time I checked this is internet search standard) that it returns me nothing. If I remove the quotes it returns every post that has any one of the words that I put in the search bar. Try putting the word "images" and see how many hits you get.
    What tone ? I was simply asking a question. Nothing more, nothing less. If you wish to read more into it than that, I am sorry.

I was suggesting / hinting, you limit your search to this actual forum ie

AutoCAD CUI Menus

By doing so, should in theory return the most relevant and useful information to yourself ( I was trying to help you, achieve the best search results ).

Assuming you mean this post ( RE: Notes on the philosophy of CUI ), what negative tone ?

I simply directed yourself to a thread, that I believed would help you.

Again, if you wish to read more into it than that, I am sorry.

How are you being chastised for asking a question ?

I have simply offered you assistance, help, hints, guidance, suggestions, links to other threads I believe will help you resolve your issues / problems / queries / questions / etc.

If that means I am chastising you, then I guess I must be guilty of such an act - even though it is a million miles from what is really occurring.

Myself being an AUGI director has nothing what so ever to do with this. I am simply an AutoCAD user, trying to help other AutoCAD users here on the forums. If you want to believe differently, I am greatly saddened.

And just for the record, I have no additional / different search tool. Believe it or not, being an AUGI director makes no difference when it comes to trying to help other AutoCAD / Autodesk users, here on the forums.

Signed;
    A little confused and bewildered over here, seeing as I have only offered assistance, help, hints, guidance, suggestions, links to other threads I believe will help you resolve your issues / problems / queries / questions / etc.

Have a good one, Mike
    Last edited by Mike.Perry; 2006-05-22 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Correct my poor grammar.

Login to Give a bone

What tone? I was simply asking a question. Nothing more, nothing less. If you wish to read more into it than that, I am sorry.
    Alright then I apologize for how I read and came away with a different interpretation of your post. (Or for that matter both posts). I can’t see your face to read your facial expressions. (Bad grammar ???) I am not "wishing" for a fight. I am just saying what the heck. It is usually the first thing I do and it sounded like you were insinuating that I did not do a search. Again I apologize for reading it the wrong way.

I was suggesting / hinting, you limit your search to this actual forum i.e.
    AutoCAD CUI Menus
    By doing so, should in theory return the most relevant and useful information to yourself (I was trying to help you, achieve the best search results).
    And just for the record, I have no additional / different search tool.
    Okay I tried to post an image of my screen when looking at AutoCAD CUI Menus and I do not how it will show up. But at the bottom of the Screen it states that is 1 of 16 of 16. Now maybe I am being numb (and mostly likely I am) but typically one would look at this and think that there is only 16 threads in the AutoCAD CUI Menus I know I did a couple of searches but I cant recall exactly in what category, but I will step up and say that I did not search within AutoCAD CUI Menus because of the assumption that there is only 16 in category. But when looking at your suggested threads, they have 2005 post dates. ????????

I just did a search using the regular tool bar and then the advance search tool bar and I got back 2 threads each. This thread (Missing Toolbar Images) & Toolbar Image problem with Network Enterprise CUI showed up in both search results. Your suggested threads don’t show up though they are in AutoCAD CUI Menus category. ????????

Again I apologize for coming off "hot headed".

I will review all posted suggestions and get back to folks.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by tkrush; 2006-05-23 at 01:57 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast