See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hatch Pattern Palette Locking Up in ACAD 2007

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Hatch Pattern Palette Locking Up in ACAD 2007

When I try to insert a hatch (from the Hatch and Gradient Dialog box) I select "..." (Hatch Pattern Palette) this will lock up ACAD every time. Is there a way to fix this ? Is this a bug ?

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Hatch Pattern Palette Locking Up in ACAD 2007

Quote Originally Posted by csorensen
    When I try to insert a hatch (from the Hatch and Gradient Dialog box) I select "..." (Hatch Pattern Palette) this will lock up ACAD every time. Is there a way to fix this ? Is this a bug ?
    It's not a bug, it's working fine for me...

Do you have a custom hatch you are trying to bring in? Just trying to decide if this is an "installation" issue or perhaps an issue with it not being able to process one of your hatches...

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    It's not a bug, it's working fine for me...

Do you have a custom hatch you are trying to bring in? Just trying to decide if this is an "installation" issue or perhaps an issue with it not being able to process one of your hatches...
    We have a custom hatch added to the ACAD.PAT. It worked on the previous versions. I deleted the one we customized and replaced it with the new ACAD.PAT from ACAD 2007. But, that didn't work either. Checked all support paths. I think we'll try a re-install.

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

... yes, that would have been my next advice... if it still doesn't work then it's likely something so far undocumented...

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post smorris.107492's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I work with the poster that posted this problem.

As some follow up, after a re-install it worked fine. I then copied the pattern info for our custom patterns into a 'clean' copy of the 2007 acad.pat. This also worked just fine.

So the problem is 'solved' and 2007 is working fine again. However if I copy the acad.pat file we have used for several years into the 'support' directory and replace the new one I made. It will crash again.

I am not sure how or why, or what may have changed with the .pat file, but it seems something has changed. A file that works just fine in 2006 and previous, will crash 2007.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by smorris.107492
    I work with the poster that posted this problem.

As some follow up, after a re-install it worked fine. I then copied the pattern info for our custom patterns into a 'clean' copy of the 2007 acad.pat. This also worked just fine.

So the problem is 'solved' and 2007 is working fine again. However if I copy the acad.pat file we have used for several years into the 'support' directory and replace the new one I made. It will crash again.

I am not sure how or why, or what may have changed with the .pat file, but it seems something has changed. A file that works just fine in 2006 and previous, will crash 2007.
    Just for curiosity's sake, could you post the two files so we could compare them? Maybe there's a space, tab or some other minor difference somewhere that's causing the problem. I think it would benifit the group if we found the problem and a way to easily fix it.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by timcreary
    Just for curiosity's sake, could you post the two files so we could compare them? Maybe there's a space, tab or some other minor difference somewhere that's causing the problem. I think it would benifit the group if we found the problem and a way to easily fix it.
    I attached the hatch pattern files. Acad06 is the file we've been using for years except until now. Acad07 is the one that works after the re-install.

Login to Give a bone

I attached the hatch pattern files. Acad06 is the file we've been using for years except until now. Acad07 is the one that works after the re-install.
    I noticed the attchments didn't show up. Does the attach files work on .pat files or do I need to do something different.

Login to Give a bone

I noticed the attchments didn't show up. Does the attach files work on .pat files or do I need to do something different.
    Try this !!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I could stop if I wanted to hugh.69031's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

It's possible that the second copy of EXP-MTL in ACAD06.PAT is causing problems as some of its defining lines are terminated with linefeed (LF) characters only and lack carriage return (CR)characters that are normally present in MSDOS text files where lines are normally terminated with a CR/LF pair.

I suspect simply deleting that second copy from the end of the file will fix things by using the earlier EXP-MTL pattern (terminated throughout with CRLF). Why 2007 and 2006 should treat the file differently I'll have to leave to others.

BTW ACAD07.PAT contains metricated patterns as if it was ACADISO.PAT

hth
    Hugh Adamson
    www.cadro.com.au/hatchkit/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast