Thread: Getting started

Login to Give a bone

Default Getting started

Here we go. We just got our first project to do in Revit. I have some basic questions to make sure that we are going in the right direction. We got a building model from an architect and we are going to do the MEP portion of the project.

I assume that we link the architectural model into Revit Systems, is that the correct way to do it?
    Should I set up a separate model for Mechanical and a separate model for Electrical?

These are the basic questions for now. I will probably post more as we get further and further into the process. Thanks for your help.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Getting started

Quote Originally Posted by raf_k2000
    1. I assume that we link the architectural model into Revit Systems, is that the correct way to do it?
    2. Should I set up a separate model for Mechanical and a separate model for Electrical?
    3. These are the basic questions for now. I will probably post more as we get further and further into the process. Thanks for your help.
    Well, I'm jealous! I think it's great that your starting your first project. That being said, here is my opinion (which obviously is limited in this MEP area)....

1. Yes, you'll want to link the architectural model into Revit Systems. This will make updating the arch'l model a breeze as the project goes along.
    2. If you have a good staff that's willing to use worksets, I'd definitely use one model for your office. That's the way it will ideally work and from where I'm sitting the more you try the more you learn (plus you'll be one of the 1st in the world to do this with Revit - bragging rights and all ).
    3. We will all appreciate you posting questions as this product is so new and not many have actually used it in the preparation of construction documents.
    Really looking forward to hearing about your experiences,