Thread: How to Modify Library Parts!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Cool How to Modify Library Parts!

HI! Does anyone know of a way to save a copy of a library part so that it can be moved from the content center & modified! I am finding that I have a lot of steel angles & HSS Square Tubing that needs to have the lengths modified! Do I have to delete every single item that has its lenght changed slightly & then re-insert the new component with the length changed! Surely there must be a way to do this! Any ideas! TIA!
    Paul

Manufacturing Moderator jonathan.landeros's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to Modify Library Parts!

Quote Originally Posted by prymal
    HI! Does anyone know of a way to save a copy of a library part so that it can be moved from the content center & modified! I am finding that I have a lot of steel angles & HSS Square Tubing that needs to have the lengths modified! Do I have to delete every single item that has its lenght changed slightly & then re-insert the new component with the length changed! Surely there must be a way to do this! Any ideas! TIA!
    Paul
    Try moving the part from the content center to the workspace. As long as you move the parts withing the project influence (and you're not using the Default Project), it should be fine.
    Jonathan Landeros
    KETIV Technologies
    Orange County, California.

I've got a blog: www.inventor-tales.blogspot.com

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction.Next stop, Looneyville.” -Bob the Skull in the Dresden Files

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks Jonathan! Still getting used to the program! Have a good one!
    Paul

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Traveller View Post
    Paul
    Which parts liberary are you wating to save. I found that even though you might install your MEP or any of the other various autodesk products that on you main c drive are hidden folders which contain all of your information. It is usually in your profile at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\ACD-MEP 2009\enu\

Once there you will see your
    AEC Content
    Aecb Catalog
    Aecb Content

After you find all of that I made a copy of all of those files and put them on the drive in the folder that I have installed MEP. Then when i was in MEP i went into my options and found the tabs that included those name folder up above and changed the path to this new folder. I hope that this helped you some. If you need more instuctions feel free to ask. Im still relatively new to MEP. I have only been doing it for a few months. But I'm still playing with all of options. And setting up to work easy for me.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

If you are changing the Lengths of the Steel all the time, try RMB on it in the Assembly and selecting Change Size.
    Or
    You can use Frame Generator
    Or
    Instead of moving them around in Windows place it as "Custom" instead of "Standard" when you are in the Length selection dialog box.