Thread: Unable to check "Prefix sheet titles with file name" when importing sheets

Login to Give a bone

Default Unable to check "Prefix sheet titles with file name" when importing sheets

Well, the last release i used was 2005, so i was excited that in 2007 you can import multiple sheets at a time. Unfortuanetly for some reason after selecting all the files and going on to the next dialog box where you check the ones you want it, and clicking import checked it gives all the sheets a name of layout1, now i figure if i check prefix sheet titles with file name it would solve my problem, but i can't its greyed out and i can't check it nomatter whaT I do. Is there some setting somewhere that will ungrey this so i can check it?

thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Unable to check "Prefix sheet titles with file name" when importing sheets

I'm going to move this from 2007 General to this forum, as I believe it will be better served here.

Good luck with your query.

Quote Originally Posted by b_v_mc
    Well, the last release i used was 2005, so i was excited that in 2007 you can import multiple sheets at a time. Unfortuanetly for some reason after selecting all the files and going on to the next dialog box where you check the ones you want it, and clicking import checked it gives all the sheets a name of layout1, now i figure if i check prefix sheet titles with file name it would solve my problem, but i can't its greyed out and i can't check it nomatter whaT I do. Is there some setting somewhere that will ungrey this so i can check it?

thanks.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Unable to check "Prefix sheet titles with file name" when importing sheets

i recently had a problem with copying files for use in a new sheet set... anyone know why it doesn't also import the xref's for the dwg files?
    (appologies for partial thread hijacking...)
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Unable to check "Prefix sheet titles with file name" when importing sheets

b_v_mc,

This won't help much but I just created a sheet set in LDT 2007 and imported multiple drawings and the option to prefix with drawing names was not grayed out. So it does work in 2007. I could not find a setting to control this but I assume there is one there somewhere.

Chris,

I am not sure what you mean by "copying files for use in a sheet set". I have never had a problem with xrefs in a sheet set.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jpaulsen
    b_v_mc,

This won't help much but I just created a sheet set in LDT 2007 and imported multiple drawings and the option to prefix with drawing names was not grayed out. So it does work in 2007. I could not find a setting to control this but I assume there is one there somewhere.

Chris,

I am not sure what you mean by "copying files for use in a sheet set". I have never had a problem with xrefs in a sheet set.

Yea it worked normally for the other cadtech here, but for somereason it stays greyed out for me. I have no idea whats going on with it.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by b_v_mc View Post

thanks.
    Ok im going to bring this from the dead,
    I am having this same problem, I am using ACA2010. When i go to import new drawings into the sheet set "prefix sheet titles with file name" box is greyed out. It use to not be greyed out but now it is. This is very strange and another computer with ACA2010 i am able to check this box. Is there a setting? There is not much info about this anywere. I even created a new sheet set and still have the same problem.