See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ScriptPro for AutoCAD 2007?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ScriptPro for AutoCAD 2007?

Not as good as ScriptPro when it is working with a current version of AutoCAD.

We just want someone to fix ScriptPro to run with the current acad version AND plot with out ScriptPro hitting the cancel button half way threw a plot.

Chris

Login to Give a bone

I find the publish command to work much better than the script pro batch plot utility that we had set up. Is there some reason that the Publish command dosen't work for you. Personally I love it.

Login to Give a bone

We use ScriptPro for cleaning up files that we receive, some jobs have over 4000 files to clean up. ScriptPro will keep going where other batch programs will fail and need someone to continue the process.

For plotting we have more things that need to happen than what publish will do. We also run in SDI mode that is set from our startup lisp. I don't believe that publish works in SDI mode. I also don't think that publish can set my ltscale and psltscale for printing. I don't think that publish can thaw turn on the layers that are required for printing (defpoints and 0 that define the extents).

Chris

Login to Give a bone

We just wrote a batch utility to clean the drawings. Worked great on 11,000+ project files for the last project we cleaned. Of course it took all weekend, but trying to remove Reg Apps from drawings tends to take awhile. We also don't draw in our sheet files. So once the sheet is set up, it dosen't get touched. All sheets are created from a template so again, all that stuff is already set. I see your need for a script pro. We still use it, then again we run 2006 as 2002. We still have a copy of 2002 so scrpit pro still works, but we mostly use it other things. Like changing the colors of layers, or traslating layers from our standards to the client standards.

AutoCAD Product Manager eric.stover's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Folks,

The latest version is now posted here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9240858

-Eric

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by eric.stover
    Folks,

The latest version is now posted here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9240858

-Eric
    That seems to be the same version that was released before (V2.00). Is anyone going to fix the problem mentioned in this thread (plotting)? Does the new version of AutoCAD have the name of the plot progress fixed?

Here is a picture of the two, the top one is 2007 that doesn't work. The dialog box needs to have the same name as 2004 or it closes the plot.

I really would like this to be fixed. I can't understand why this has been ignored for so long.

What will it take to fix this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by FRAMEDNLV
    We use ScriptPro for cleaning up files that we receive, some jobs have over 4000 files to clean up. ScriptPro will keep going where other batch programs will fail and need someone to continue the process.

For plotting we have more things that need to happen than what publish will do. We also run in SDI mode that is set from our startup lisp. I don't believe that publish works in SDI mode. I also don't think that publish can set my ltscale and psltscale for printing. I don't think that publish can thaw turn on the layers that are required for printing (defpoints and 0 that define the extents).

Chris
    For the publish command to be allowed you must have SDI set to 0.

The image that you posted looks like you were using the publish command.
    I've seen the publish command hang before, but that was usually caused by drawings that contain tons of errors, layer filters, regs apps........a bunch of junk that dosen't need to be there and came in from our MEP consultant. Mostly 3rd party app type stuff. Once they were cleaned, problem solved.

Login to Give a bone

Top one is plotting from acad 2007 and the bottom is plotting from acad 2004.

We have three acad 2004's that will not be upgraded until we can us scriptpro for batch plotting. Right now it is going to cost us $2,700 for each copy to be upgraded and if scriptpro isn't working I guess we will not upgrade them.

Publish command is out of the question for us. We have way to many people working on the same project to allow multiple drawing to be opened in one session.

David, I know you are trying to help. I appreciate the suggestions. I just want to be able to use my scriptpro to do the things that we have been doing for the last seven years.

The batch programs will hang with dialog boxes popping up (messages like sheet sets missing).

ScriptPro cancels the plots on large plots (small plots will squeak by with out being canceled).

I just want someone to go into the ScriptPro program and update the part that recognise what dialog box is ok to leave running, Plot Job Progress. It used to be called Plot Progress and every since they changed (2005) it to Plot Job Progress it will cancel the plot.

Simple fix for the programmers. I assume they actually have the capability to rewrite the code. I believe it was a third party program the Autodesk bought and decided not to support after the publish command was introduced.

I really would like it to be fixed.

Login to Give a bone

Eric,

Thanks so much for expediting this. (I assume you had something to do with it because the new ScriptPro was not posted there at noon yesterday.)

I installed it on two computers and both seem to work just fine. I even installed it on the Civil 3D 2008 beta and it works with that too.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Hi,

I have just tried to load ScriptPro from the link above, but I am getting a message saying

"Installation of ScriptPro requires that an AutoCAD -related product already be installed.
    Click OK to exit Setup."

It then quits the setup.

I am running Autodesk Civil 3D 2007 on Windows XP and I also have Civil 3D 2006 and the previous version of ScriptPro loaded as well.

Any idea's would be gratefully recieved.

Regards

John

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast