Thread: AutoCAD LT to AutoCAD Full version updates justification

Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD LT to AutoCAD Full version updates justification

How can i justify an update from LT version to a Full Version of AutoCAD, which are the main reasons that improve performance and productivity from these update.
    Is there any study's about this?

Thank you!

I could stop if I wanted to lmitsou's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD LT to AutoCAD Full version updates justification

Hi,

You can have a look for general information http://www.autodesk.de/adsk/servlet/...30011#section4.

I am sure there are plenty of threads in Augi Forums too with regards to the key differences between LT and full AutoCAD, so it would be a good idea to use the search engine.

Login to Give a bone

Hi

For starters...

Differences between AutoCAD LT 2000 and LT 2006

4. What are the key differences between AutoCAD LT and AutoCAD?

Below is from an old ( February 2006 ) post I made elsewhere ( Note, since I made that post, AutoCAD LT 2007 has been released, therefore some of the listed items might no longer be relevant )...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Perry, posted on 23rd February 2006

Personal opinion, "No" you did not waste your money, unless you do not use such stuff as...

3D Tools
    Ability to XClip Xrefs and Blocks
    ARX
    CAD Standard Tools
    Dynamic Blocks
    Enhanced Attribute Tools
    Express Tools
    Fields
    Image Tools
    LISP
    Network Licences
    Publish
    Sheet Set Manager
    Tables ( Not available in LT, I think )
    True Colour ( Not available in LT, I think )
    VBA
    Visual LISP
    etc.
    Plus, the forum search facility should return some useful information on this topic.

Have a good one, Mike
    Last edited by Mike.Perry; 2007-03-30 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Link updated.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by pferreira
    How can i justify an update from LT version to a Full Version of AutoCAD, which are the main reasons that improve performance and productivity from these update.
    Is there any study's about this?

Thank you!
    what industry are you in? What do you use acad lt for?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepin
    what industry are you in? What do you use acad lt for?
    We have 5 AutoCAD full versions used by drafters and 15 LT versions 10 of them are used by engineers the other 5 used by drafter's, and we are thinking in update those 5 from LT2006 to 2007 full version, our work is in the architectural, environmental and civil areas, and I have to justify that the 5 drafters that work with the LT version will be more productive with the full version (of course giving them advanced training in the AutoCAD full version).
    I know what the main differences are between full and light, and I think I know what is responsible for a drafter to be more productive with a full version, but I would like to have more opinions about it, to support the decision on moving to the full version!

Thank´s

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by pferreira
    We have 5 AutoCAD full versions used by drafters and 15 LT versions 10 of them are used by engineers the other 5 used by drafter's, and we are thinking in update those 5 from LT2006 to 2007 full version, our work is in the architectural, environmental and civil areas, and I have to justify that the 5 drafters that work with the LT version will be more productive with the full version (of course giving them advanced training in the AutoCAD full version).
    I know what the main differences are between full and light, and I think I know what is responsible for a drafter to be more productive with a full version, but I would like to have more opinions about it, to support the decision on moving to the full version!

Thank´s
    To put it simply, the drafters that are using light are extremely limited to the amount of work that they can accomplish for a project. Those drafters will be limited to only doing basic things such as labeling, dimensions, and details. For five people, I would think that would be a lot of sitting around time as they can not get into the guts of the project easily. I would freak if I had to grade or layout pipes using acat lt. I cant speak for the people on the arch. side of it, but evaluate what the 5 drafters that are using LT actually do for your office. How often are they "out of work" because they can not do functions that require a full version. Hope this helps. Rich

Certifiable AUGI Addict robert.1.hall72202's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

The designers that do most of the Cad work should have a full seat.
    I have a similar situation in my office.
    I am exploring a network floating license to pass out to all the engineers
    that need AutoCad but do not sit in front of the tube all day.

Yes, we still have CRT(s).

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepin
    To put it simply, the drafters that are using light are extremely limited to the amount of work that they can accomplish for a project. Those drafters will be limited to only doing basic things such as labeling, dimensions, and details. For five people, I would think that would be a lot of sitting around time as they can not get into the guts of the project easily. I would freak if I had to grade or layout pipes using acat lt. I cant speak for the people on the arch. side of it, but evaluate what the 5 drafters that are using LT actually do for your office. How often are they "out of work" because they can not do functions that require a full version. Hope this helps. Rich
    Ok! It helps. I will try to evaluate how often they ask for help to the full version cad users when they have to use app's or application specific commands that they can’t use, and because of that how often they are "out of work" and how overloaded with work the full version users will be.
    This can be a one good reason!
    Thanks