Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible to rent Autodesk licence for a certain period of time?

I could stop if I wanted to Ogre's Avatar
    In the end, Cauliflower is just albino Broccoli
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Is it possible to rent Autodesk licence for a certain period of time?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.Sanderson(UK)
    Autodesk should update their website, otherwise its a bit contradicting.
    There is no arguing with that...I agree...

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Is it possible to rent Autodesk licence for a certain period of time?

Dilbert

I thought I'd read somewhere that you can have a copy loaded at your office and a copy loaded at your home, as long as there not used at the same time and only used by the same person.

Is this true?
    I believe the US version of a'desk software is unlocked, right? Anyhow, here in europe, a standalone version is locked with the c'dilla tool, if someone installs the same software onto two computers (work and home) you will need an authorisation code, and you will have to request that twice (what means two licences = nogo here), unless you check out the licence (with the portable licence utility) of the authorized computer and checks back in onto your home computer. After the delay (i think three days) has passed on the authorized computer, you won't be able to startup your software anymore on that machine until the licence checks in again. The delay is meant for user comfort, in case you forget to bring your licence back to the office after one checked it out. Offcourse one can make advantage of this situation and double your standalone licences by transporting the licence every three days to another machine. But this not the way offcourse.

So yes, in a way it is allowed to have multiple seats of one licence, but you are only allowed to work with one licence at the time. You can see it a bit like the licence can stay with the user, on wherever witch machine he is on.

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

For commercial versions, one Additional copy may be made on your Home Computer provided - only you use this additional copy; Your home Computer and Work Computer are not in the same location; and You do not use this Additional copy at the same time as you use the Commercial version.
    Ray's answer is right on. Actually what is stated above is correct, just not detailed enough. The reason being is the EULA is actually agreed upon by the person that gets the program... so in that instance the above is correct. It just doesn't state clearly this doesn't apply to others within your company that didn't accept the EULA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12